We offer a multi-national and multi-disciplinary Technology Group that is built on many years of technology industry experience. Our Technology group provides a diverse array of clients with strategic, innovative and commercial advice on the full spectrum of matters, including corporate/M&A transactions, cyber security, data privacy, outsourcing, patent licensing and disputes, financing, competition issues and tax.
We work closely with leading local counsel to offer a multi-national and multi-disciplinary capability focused on the technology sector. This enables us to provide our diverse range of technology clients with strategic, innovative and commercial advice in areas such as:
- information technology procurements, from complex global technology outsourcings to software licensing, development and maintenance arrangements
- mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions which require specialist technology input or have significant risk or value drivers associated with technology
- intellectual property related technology issues including patent disputes - we have played an innovative role in developing competition law defences to patent infringement actions in the UK courts
- e-commerce strategies, law and regulation, including website terms and conditions, content and liability issues and e-commerce and data protection regulation
- other competition issues arising in the technology sector including both merger and conduct investigations in the sector by the European Commission and national regulators
- technology, IP and data issues arising in the Fintech sector
- financing and tax issues for our technology clients
- dispute resolution - we have continued to see an increase in technology related disputes, and have strong experience of mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution, as well as arbitration and court proceedings in a large number of jurisdictions
Stripe on its innovative digital payment processing products and services, including data protection advice relating to the European legal and regulatory regime.
Credit Karma on its expansion into Europe through the acquisition of Noddle, a UK credit reference business.
A number of challenger banking service providers, including Monzo and Tide, on governance and other regulatory matters
Thunderhead on a long-term agreement with Salesforce for the distribution of Thunderhead’s ‘ONE’ artificial intelligence solution world-wide contract.
Richemont, the Swiss luxury goods group, on its global e-commerce strategic partnership with Alibaba Group.