Corporate and M&A
Our corporate and M&A practice is at the heart of our firm. We service a range of UK, regional and international clients in every sector, advising on a broad spectrum of corporate matters and leading on some of the most significant public and private transactions in the market.
Many of our M&A deals have a global dimension and we work closely with our clients to guide them through complex transactions in jurisdictions across the globe.
In addition to our transactional work we provide general corporate and governance advice on the key issues facing modern corporates.
- are the principal legal adviser for more companies fully listed on the London Stock Exchange than any of our competitors
- are the trusted corporate legal advisers to some of the major PRC private and SOE corporates and to many of Asia’s and Hong Kong’s blue chip listed clients who are at the forefront of commercial and financial developments in the market
- advise buyers, sellers and financial advisers on both public and private mergers and acquisitions, and private equity buyers on private equity financed deals
- deliver the full range of services which apply to an M&A transaction working in multi-disciplinary teams with lawyers from our specialist groups
- have unrivalled credentials and are tier 1 in the latest editions of Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal for M&A in the UK, China, Asia, and Europe and in the top tiers of the league table legal rankings published by Bloomberg, Mergermarket and Thomson Reuters.
RSA Insurance Group on the £7.2bn recommended cash offer for RSA’s entire issued and to be issued share capital made by a subsidiary of Intact Financial Corporation, acting in consortium with Tryg A/S. The transaction was the largest UK takeover of the year at the time of announcement.
Just Eat Takeaway.com NV on its combination with Grubhub Inc. The transaction was one of the largest “mega-mergers” globally in 2020, creating the world’s largest online food delivery company outside of China.
Walmart on the sale of a majority stake in Asda Group Limited to a consortium comprising the Issa brothers and TDR Capital. The enterprise value of the transaction is £6.8 billion, calculated on a debt-free and cash-free basis.
Whatever the nature or size of transaction you’re contemplating, our breadth and depth of experience means we’re well placed to provide sophisticated advice of the highest quality on all types of deals.