Corporate and M&A
Our corporate and M&A practice is at the heart of our firm. We service a range of UK, regional and international clients in every sector, advising on a broad spectrum of corporate matters and leading on some of the most significant public and private transactions in the market.
Many of our M&A deals have a global dimension and we work closely with our clients to guide them through complex transactions in jurisdictions across the globe.
In addition to our transactional work we provide general corporate and governance advice on the key issues facing modern corporates.
- are the principal legal adviser for more companies fully listed on the London Stock Exchange than any of our competitors
- are the trusted corporate legal advisers to some of the major PRC private and SOE corporates and to many of Asia’s and Hong Kong’s blue chip listed clients who are at the forefront of commercial and financial developments in the market
- advise buyers, sellers and financial advisers on both public and private mergers and acquisitions, and private equity buyers on private equity financed deals
- deliver the full range of services which apply to an M&A transaction working in multi-disciplinary teams with lawyers from our specialist groups
- have unrivalled credentials and are tier 1 in the latest editions of Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR1000 and Who’s Who Legal for M&A in the UK, China, Asia, and Europe and in the top tiers of the league table legal rankings published by Bloomberg, Mergermarket and Thomson Reuters.
We advised GlaxoSmithKline on the creation of a world-leading Consumer Healthcare joint venture with Pfizer to combine their consumer health businesses into a new world-leading joint venture with combined sales of approximately £9.8 billion.
We advised Prudential plc on the demerger of its UK & Europe business (M&G Prudential) from Prudential plc, resulting in two separately-listed companies. M&G Prudential is an independent, capital-efficient UK & Europe savings and investment provider, headquartered in London and holding a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange.
We advised Richemont, the Swiss luxury goods group, on its global strategic partnership with Alibaba Group. The partnership brings the retail offerings of YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP S.p.A. (YNAP), the world’s leading online luxury retailer, to Chinese consumers. Under the partnership, YNAP and Alibaba are establishing a joint venture to launch mobile apps for YNAP’s NET-A-PORTER and MR PORTER multibrand stores for consumers in China, supported by a technology infrastructure provided by Alibaba.
Whatever the nature or size of transaction you’re contemplating, our breadth and depth of experience means we’re well placed to provide sophisticated advice of the highest quality on all types of deals.