Our highly regarded team advises on the tax issues arising from the full range of commercial and financial matters, including many of the largest cross-border transactions. As a full service tax practice we also provide tax consultancy and contentious tax advice.
- We are recognised not only for our technical excellence but also for the commercial and responsive nature of our advice.
- In addition to many of the biggest UK-headquartered multinationals, our impressive roster of predominantly corporate clients includes US and European companies as well as large private companies and government bodies.
- We are instructed on the biggest and most complicated mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance transactions where our role includes advising on structuring the transaction, negotiating the tax aspects of the documentation and managing large multinational teams of tax advisers on cross-border deals.
- We work with our clients and other lawyers in the firm to develop innovative and tax efficient solutions to a wide range of commercial issues and then ensure that these are implemented to meet the tax and commercial objectives of the matter in hand.
- Clients seek our advice on a broad range of other tax issues that affect their businesses including contentious tax and tax policy matters, where businesses are facing mounting challenges to their global businesses from increased litigation and the changing shape of international taxation principles, and a wide range of State aid, and potential State aid, matters in various different Member states.
Advised GSK on various transactions, including its consumer healthcare joint venture with Pfizer, the sale of Horlicks to Unilever, a major asset swap with Novartis, and the creation of the Galvani bioelectronics joint venture with Verily Life Sciences.
Advised HM Treasury on the Help to Buy: ISA scheme, the introduction of decommissioning relief deeds and the impact of changes in North Sea taxation.
Advised Ocado Group on its IPO, its partnership with Morrisons, and its online grocery retail joint venture with Marks and Spencer Group.
Advised Prudential and M&G plc on the demerger of M&G from Prudential, resulting in two separately listed companies – M&G on the LSE and Prudential on the LSE, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York.
We have advised several large UK and non-UK headquartered multinational companies in resolving DPT and associated transfer pricing enquiries raised by HMRC.
Whether we are advising a multinational conglomerate, a bank, a government department or an individual, we believe in the importance of getting to know our client, their business and their approach to tax and are always sensitive to their public profile.