Our multi-disciplinary Tech Group advises on the full spectrum of technology matters.
Our lawyers are familiar with the particular challenges facing those involved in the technology sector and understand the dynamic, global nature of this fast paced environment.
We work closely with leading local counsel to offer a multi-national and multi-disciplinary capability focused on this sector. This enables us to provide our diverse range of technology clients with strategic, innovative and commercial advice in areas such as:
- information technology procurements, from complex global technology outsourcings to software licensing, development and maintenance arrangements
- mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions which require specialist technology input or have significant risk or value drivers associated with technology
- intellectual property related technology issues including patent disputes - we have played an innovative role in developing competition law defences to patent infringement actions in the UK courts
- e-commerce strategies, law and regulation, including website terms and conditions, content and liability issues and e-commerce and data protection regulation
other competition issues arising in the technology sector including both merger and conduct investigations in the sector by the European Commission and national regulators
- technology, IP and data issues arising in the Fintech sector
- financing and tax issues for our technology clients
- dispute resolution - we have continued to see an increase in technology related disputes, and have strong experience of mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution, as well as arbitration and court proceedings in a large number of jurisdictions