Rob has broad corporate and corporate finance experience, with a focus on public takeovers, international private M&A and equity capital markets.
Highlights include advising:
- GKN plc on its defence against a share and cash unsolicited offer by Melrose Industries plc, including its proposed combination of its automotive business with Dana Inc
- Royal Dutch Shell plc in relation to its recommended cash and share offer for BG Group plc
- RSA on the proposed bid for it by Zurich Insurance and on its sale of four operations in the Baltics and Poland
- Compagnie Financière Richemont on various matters, including its offer to acquire Italian-listed Yoox Net-a-Porter Group, its global strategic partnership with Alibaba Group. its acquisition of Watchfinder.co.uk, the listing of Reinet Investments on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange
- Centrica plc on various matters, including its unrecommended takeover of Venture Production and the combination of its European oil and gas exploration and production business with Bayerngas Norge AS
- Sophos, Merlin, esure and Novae on their recommended cash offers
- esure on a range of matters including its IPO and the demerger of GoCompare
- Coca-Cola European Partners on its listing on the London Stock Exchange
- Credit Karma, Inc. on the acquisition of TransUnion’s U.K.-based Noddle business
Rob was commended at the 2016 FT Innovative Lawyers Awards for his work advising Mediclinic on its combination with Al Noor and London listing, which won the award for innovation in M&A. He is also the co-author of a chapter on share dealings in the 'Practitioner’s Guide on Takeovers and Mergers'.