Construction and Projects
Our construction and projects team advises sponsors, lenders, contractors and consultants on all procurement, construction and operational aspects of real estate developments, infrastructure assets, energy projects and public-private partnerships. We are known for advising on high profile, complex and technically challenging projects.
We provide both contentious and non-contentious advice on projects in the United Kingdom and around the world. Our practice includes advising on:
- construction procurement (including traditional, design and build, construction management and management contracting methods)
- bid evaluations, ITTs and tender returns, public procurement procedures and state aid rules
- the full range of construction and engineering contracts including JCT, NEC, FIDIC, ICE, RIBA and bespoke EPC and EPCM contracts
- concession agreements (including project agreements for PFI projects) and construction delivery/construction management agreements
- professional appointments, operation and maintenance agreements and technical services agreements
- all aspects of project finance, bridging finance and equity contribution agreements
Having acted on each of the last three major stadia projects in the United Kingdom, we have developed market-leading expertise advising on major sporting facilities and associated infrastructure.
On various offshore wind projects, including in relation to the market-leading construction and operation and maintenance arrangements for the Borssele 1 & 2 Offshore Wind Farm, the Hornsea P1 1.2GW offshore wind farm, the Walney Extension 659MW offshore wind farm, the Race Bank 573MW offshore wind farm and the Westermost Rough 210MW offshore wind farm.
In connection with a range of matters, including diamond mining/production and sale arrangements with De Beers.
On the development of their respective sports stadia.
On the potential acquisition of Wembley Stadium.
In connection with Athletes’ Village for the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games and the construction of a new prison at Glen Parva in Leicestershire for HM Government.
On the construction aspects of its new Customer Fulfilment Centres.
On the disposal of its collections business and certain recycling assets (under PFI contracts).
On the construction aspects of their recent joint-venture with Telefonica UK Limited for the commercialisation of various infrastructure assets.
Advised Linklaters, Allen & Overy, Baker and McKenzie, Travers Smith, Jones Lang LaSalle, Diageo, Inmarsat and others on their respective new London HQs.
On the construction aspects of its relocation to London City Island.