Construction and Projects
Our construction team advises sponsors and contractors on all procurement, construction and operation aspects of real estate developments, infrastructure assets, energy projects and public-private partnerships. We are known for advising on high profile, complex and technically challenging projects.
We provide both contentious and non-contentious advice on projects in the United Kingdom and around the world. Our team is well recognised for providing industry leading advice on the most sophisticated projects. Our practice includes advising on:
- construction procurement (including traditional, design and build, construction management and management contracting methods)
- bid evaluations, ITTs and tender returns, public procurement procedures and state aid rules
- the full range of construction and engineering contracts including JCT, NEC, FIDIC, ICE and bespoke EPC and EPCM contracts
- concession agreements (including project agreements for PFI projects) and construction delivery/construction management agreements
- professional appointments, operation and maintenance agreements and technical services agreements
- all aspects of project finance, bridging finance and equity contribution agreements
Having acted on each of the last three major stadia projects in the United Kingdom, we have developed market-leading expertise advising on major sporting facilities and associated infrastructure.
On the development of their respective stadia.
On the fit-out of its new London headquarters at 1 Angle Court, London.
In connection with the development of the Athletes’ Village for the London 2012 Olympic Games and the Perry Barr residential development for Birmingham 2022.
On the construction of One King William Street (adjacent to Bank Station).
In respect of overstation developments as part of the Crossrail Project.
On its new customer fulfilment centres at Erith and Purfleet.
On Wales Broadcasting House, the 150,000 sq ft headquarters of BBC Wales.