Leasing and Asset Finance
Businesses looking to expand their equipment, machinery or vehicle fleet regularly turn to asset finance or leasing arrangements to achieve their commercial objectives. We have decades of experience helping our clients with the financing of:
- aircraft engines
- ships and FPSOs
- transportation equipment, such as shipping containers
- all types of industrial equipment and machinery
- fleets of commercial vehicles
We regularly act for lessees and manufacturers, as well as lessors and financiers.
We have a strong track record advising on:
- finance lease arrangements and lease financing structures, including Japanese lease structures, tax leases and sale and lease back arrangements
- mortgage loan financings
- pre-delivery financings
- restructuring and unwinds of complex financing structures
- the asset financing and leasing aspects of mergers and acquisitions of air carriers
Advised British Airways on various multiple option facilities used to finance aircraft delivered over several years.
Advised IAG on the asset financing and leasing aspects of its acquisition of Air Europa.
Advised on Orient Overseas Container Line on:
- the lease financing of a large number of container vessels, including “OOCL Hong Kong” (the largest container vessel in the world at the time of delivery).
- the lease financing of several portfolios of shipping containers.
Advised Rolls-Royce on the lease financing of portfolios of aircraft engines.
Advised Thomas Cook Airlines on all aspects of its potential restructuring and refinancing, including asset finance and leasing matters.
Advised the Department for Transport on the setting up of a freight capacity framework and the procurement of freight capacity thereunder as part of their Brexit no-deal contingency planning.
We act on complex and innovative asset finance and leasing structures, for clients based in the UK and internationally.
We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your requirement in this area and how we can draw on our extensive experience and expertise to assist with your transaction.