Areas of expertise
Slaughter and May advised Ferrovial, the Spanish-headquartered global infrastructure operator, on the sale of the Amey business
Slaughter and May is advising John Wood Group on the sale of its Built Environment Business to WSP Global, Inc.
Slaughter and May advised Ørsted on its proposed disposal of a 50% interest in the Borssele 1 & 2 Offshore Wind Farm
Richard is a member of our infrastructure, energy and natural resources practice. He specialises in the project aspects (including concession arrangements, joint ventures, engineering, construction and operation and maintenance) of major international and domestic assets and transactions, with a particular focus on infrastructure and energy (traditional and renewables). He is a member of the steering committee for the energy and infrastructure stream at the firm and is also an active member of the firm’s commercial contracts and Africa advisory teams. Richard’s key clients include market-leading project sponsors and developers, pension funds, infrastructure and energy funds and governments.
Highlights include advising:
- Ørsted (formerly DONG Energy) on various offshore wind projects, including in relation to the market-leading construction and operation and maintenance arrangements for the Hornsea P1 1.2GW offshore wind farm, the Walney Extension 659MW offshore wind farm, the Race Bank 573MW offshore wind farm and the Westermost Rough 210MW offshore wind farm
- A leading international infrastructure fund on its bid to acquire up to a 49% interest in the 857MW Triton Knoll offshore wind farm.
- A fund in relation to a joint venture in the efficient energy sector.
- Green Investment Bank on its investment in the Rampion offshore wind farm being developed by E.ON.
- Government of Botswana in connection with a range of matters, including diamond production and sale arrangements with De Beers.
- In relation to a major oil and gas project in the UAE.
- Centrica on the sale of its operational Langage and South Humber Bank combined cycle gas turbine power stations with a combined capacity of 2.3GW to a subsidiary of Energetickı a pr?myslovı holding.
- Vitol SA on the acquisition of the Immingham CHP plant from ConocoPhillips and the subsequent sale of a 25% stake.
- Everton Football Club on all procurement and construction aspects of its new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock and the future development of Goodison Park.
- Legal & General on the construction aspects of a number of acquisitions and forward funding transactions.
- Global Infrastructure Partners on the agreed sale of London City Airport.
- Attarat Power Company and the project sponsors on the EPC contract for the 470 megawatt (net) oil shale-fired power station at Attarat um Ghudran, Jordan.
- Malawi Government in connection with the development of PPP law and policy in Malawi.