COVID-19 Risk Assessment
In accordance with our H&S policy, we have conducted a risk assessment to identify controls to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission within One Bunhill Row to the lowest reasonably practicable level. The controls identified will be regularly reviewed, taking into account the current Government guidance. The full risk assessment has been published on our intranet. Examples of the areas considered and samples of the relevant controls are as follows:
EXAMPLE OF AREAS CONSIDERED: GENERAL
- Social distancing arrangements gradually reduced.
- Virtual meetings encouraged.
- Individual risk assessments and associated controls for activities which require interaction with multiple people (e.g. reception), including PPE where required.
- Minimise number of visitors where possible.
- Safety information provided to visitors both in advance and upon arrival.
- Receptacles provided for disposing of single use masks/gloves used to travel to work.
- Best practice mask/glove removal guidance provided.
EXAMPLE OF AREAS CONSIDERED: ARRANGEMENTS WITHIN THE OFFICE
- Occupancy volume controls (e.g. use of showers, lifts etc.).
- Single person workstation occupancy where possible (where hot desking is unavoidable, additional sanitisation in place).
- Screens provided to protect those who interact with multiple people (e.g. reception, reprographics etc.).
- Revised procedures for evacuations communicated to fire wardens and staff.
- Increased cleaning regime (including touchpoints).
- Good hand hygiene to be practised (appropriate facilities and clear signage).
- Hand sanitiser provided in all common areas (including entrance/exit).
- Ventilation system operated in accordance with best practice guidance for COVID-19.
EXAMPLE OF AREAS CONSIDERED: WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT
- Those unwell, under quarantine due to overseas travel, or have been contacted by the NHS Test and Trace procedures or the NHS App (unless exempt) to self-isolate.
- Work in teams to reduce multiple contacts.
- Additional consideration given to those at higher risk or with individual requirements (e.g. vulnerable persons, expectant parents, those with disabilities).
- Unnecessary business travel to be avoided.
- Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office travel advice to be followed at all times.
- Consider remote options (such as Webex/Teams) before business travel agreed.
- Dedicated intranet page for COVID-19 information updates and building controls.
- Consultation with employees over reoccupation arrangements.
Last reviewed date: 23/02/2022