COVID-19 Risk Assessment
In accordance with our H&S policy, we have conducted a risk assessment to identify controls to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission within One Bunhill Row to the lowest reasonably practicable level. The controls identified will be regularly reviewed, taking into account the current Government guidance. The full risk assessment has been published on our intranet. Examples of the areas considered and samples of the relevant controls are as follows:
EXAMPLE OF AREAS CONSIDERED: Who should go to work
- Staff should work from home where possible.
- Additional consideration given to those at higher risk or with individual requirements (e.g. vulnerable persons, expectant parents, those with disabilities).
- Those unwell, under quarantine due to overseas travel, part of the NHS Test and Trace procedures or subject to a local lockdown in their area to self-isolate.
EXAMPLE OF AREAS CONSIDERED: Social distancing
- Social distancing must be practised at all times where possible (clear signage).
- Separate entrance/exit.
- One way/directional routes, which are clearly identified.
- Appropriate distancing indicators (e.g. queuing for and entering lifts).
- Occupancy volume controls (e.g. total numbers on site, use of showers etc.).
- Single person workstation occupancy where possible (where hot desking is unavoidable, additional sanitisation in place).
- Clear identification of available workstations.
- Screens provided to protect those who interact with multiple people (e.g. reception, reprographics etc.).
- Meetings discouraged unless business critical and social distancing can be applied.
- Individual risk assessments and associated controls for activities where social distancing cannot be achieved.
- Revised procedures for evacuations communicated to fire wardens and staff.
EXAMPLE OF AREAS CONSIDERED: Visitors
- Minimise number of visitors where possible.
- Safety information provided to visitors both in advance and upon arrival.
EXAMPLE OF AREAS CONSIDERED: Cleaning
- Increased cleaning regime (including touchpoints).
- Good hand hygiene to be practised (appropriate facilities and clear signage).
- Hand sanitiser provided in all common areas (including entrance/exit).
EXAMPLE OF AREAS CONSIDERED: PPE
- Receptacles provided for disposing of single use masks/gloves used to travel to work.
- Best practice mask/glove removal guidance provided.
- PPE provided according to risk assessment requirements for specific activities when social distancing cannot be achieved.
EXAMPLE OF AREAS CONSIDERED: Workforce management
- Staggering arrival/departure times.
- Provision of additional bicycle storage.
- Work in teams to reduce multiple contacts.
- Critical systems continue to be maintained with appropriate controls in place.
- Unnecessary travel to be avoided.
- Foreign & Commonwealth travel advice to be followed at all times.
- Consider remote options (such as Webex/Teams) before travel agreed.
- Reoccupation Handbook details COVID-19 safety related procedures.
- Dedicated intranet page for information updates.
- Consultation with employees over reoccupation arrangements.
- Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020 poster
Last reviewed date: 12/02/2021