Sarah advises domestic and overseas clients operating in a wide range of sectors on all aspects of UK corporate tax law. Her practice covers both advisory and transactional work and includes structuring and other tax aspects of M&A, demergers, joint ventures and financing transactions, as well as group reorganisations and managing HMRC enquiries and disputes.
Highlights include advising:
- GSK on the demerger of its consumer healthcare business to form Haleon
- Several UK headquartered multinationals on disputes with HMRC covering several issues including diverted profits tax
- Ørsted on its disposal of a 50% interest in the 752 MW Borssele 1 & 2 Offshore Wind Farm to Norges Bank Investment Management
- Trustees of a large UK pension fund on tax aspects of a significant new funding structure
- Premier Oil on its reverse takeover of Chrysaor, creating the largest London-listed independent oil producer, and the associated refinancing of debt facilities
- American Tower Corporation on its acquisition of Eaton Towers for approximately $1.85 billion
Sarah has been described as “a great lawyer to work with for all tax matters” (Chambers, 2023). She has been ranked in Chambers UK for three years (2021, 2022 and 2023). She is also listed as a Rising Star for Corporate Tax (Legal 500, 2023).