Dominic advises a wide range of businesses on all areas of tax law. His practice includes:
- structuring and other tax aspects of M&A, joint ventures and other corporate finance transactions
- tax enquiries and disputes, including EU tax State aid investigations
- standalone tax advisory work, including group reorganisations, CFCs, transfer pricing, and the tax treatment of IP
Dominic is co-head of the firm’s Tax Disputes practice.
Recent highlights include advising:
- GSK on various transactions, including its consumer healthcare joint venture with Pfizer, the sale of Horlicks to Unilever, a major asset swap with Novartis, and the creation of the Galvani bioelectronics joint venture with Verily Life Sciences
- Several clients on capital raising in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, including advising IAG and Rolls-Royce on their rights issues, and William Hill and Young’s on their placings
- Peugeot on its merger with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, to create Stellantis, the world’s fourth-largest carmaker
- Shire on its £46 billion recommended takeover offer from Takeda
- Santander on various matters, including the creation of its UK ring-fenced bank, and the merger of its stake in Alawwal into Saudi British Bank
- Several technology companies on resolving transfer pricing and diverted profits tax enquiries with HMRC
- Credit Suisse on its successful bank payroll tax appeal
- Interserve on its financial restructuring and deleveraging plan
- GKN plc on its defence against an unsolicited offer by Melrose Industries, including its proposed combination of its automotive business with Dana Inc
Dominic is ranked for Corporate Tax in the latest edition of Chambers UK and as a “next generation partner” for Corporate Tax in Legal 500. He is also listed as a key lawyer for Tax litigation and Investigations in The Legal 500 and in the latest edition of ITR's Tax Controversy Leaders Guide. Dominic is co-editor of the Transfer Pricing Law Review. He also chairs the firm’s Community and Pro Bono Committee, and is a trustee of the Social Mobility Business Partnership.