Areas of expertise
Slaughter and May advised Inmarsat on completion of its new leases at 50 Finsbury Square, London EC2
Simon is a Senior Counsel in our real estate team. His practice covers all aspects of real estate work including acquisitions and disposals, development and landlord and tenant matters. He has also advised on real estate finance transactions and on the property aspects of major corporate deals. In particular, he has advised a range of clients in connection with major development projects, lettings and disposals.
Highlights include advising:
- Linklaters, Clifford Chance, Kirkland & Ellis, Travers Smith and Reed Smith on the letting of their new London headquarters
- Derwent London on a number of acquisitions, developments, disposals and lettings of properties in its Central London portfolio including the over station development and letting of Soho Place, London W1 and the letting of The White Chapel Building, London E1 and 1-2 Stephen Street, London W1
- The Clothworkers' Company on all matters relating to its property portfolio, including the redevelopment of 50 Fenchurch Street, London EC3, 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London EC3, One Angel Court, London EC2 and 8-10 Moorgate, London EC2
- Ocado in connection with its new customer fulfilment centres at Purfleet, Bristol and Bicester
- Everton on the development of its new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock
- Bourne Leisure on its acquisition by funds managed by Blackstone Capital Partners and Blackstone Real Estate Partners
- Legal & General on a number of acquisitions and forward funding transactions, including the regeneration of Central Square, Cardiff and the development and forward funding of the BBC Wales’ Broadcasting House
- The Fishmongers’ Company on the redevelopment of Seal House, London EC4
- IWG on its international franchise arrangements for its Regus, SPACES and Open Office co-working and workspace brands
- Infinis on the disposal of its onshore wind and landfill gas businesses
- Crisis UK on all matters relating to its property portfolio
Simon is listed as a “Rising Star” in the Commercial Property: Development section of Legal 500 2021, 2022 and 2023 and in the Commercial Property: Corporate occupier section of Legal 500 2023.