Simon is a Senior Counsel in our real estate team. His practice covers all aspects of real estate work including acquisitions and disposals, development and landlord and tenant matters. He has also advised on real estate finance transactions and on the property aspects of major corporate deals. In particular, he has advised a range of clients in connection with major development projects, lettings and disposals.
Highlights include advising:
- Derwent London on a number of acquisitions, developments, disposals and lettings of properties in its Central London portfolio including the over station development at Soho Place, London W1, the pre-letting of The White Chapel Building, London E1 and the letting of 1-2 Stephen Street and Tottenham Court Walk
- Linklaters on the letting of its new global headquarters at 20 Ropemaker Street
- Ocado in connection with its new customer fulfilment centres at Purfleet, Bristol and Bicester
- Everton on the development of its new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock
- Bourne Leisure on its acquisition by funds managed by Blackstone Capital Partners and Blackstone Real Estate Partners
- Legal & General on a number of acquisitions and forward funding transactions, including the regeneration of Central Square, Cardiff and the development and forward funding of the BBC Wales’ Broadcasting House
- The Clothworkers' Company on all matters relating to its property portfolio, including the redevelopment of 8-10 Moorgate, London EC2, One Angel Court, London EC2 and 10 Fenchurch Avenue, London EC3
- IWG on its international franchise arrangements for its Regus, SPACES and Open Office co-working and workspace brands
- Infinis on the disposal of its onshore wind and landfill gas businesses
Simon is listed as a “Rising Star” in the Commercial Property: Development section of Legal 500, 2021 and 2022.