Samay has a broad financing practice covering acquisition finance, general bank finance and project finance, as well as restructurings. He also has broad experience advising on corporate and commercial transactions, particularly in the infrastructure, energy and natural resources sectors.
Highlights include advising:
- Attarat Power Company and the project sponsors, Eesti Energia AS and YTL Power International Berhad, on the approximately $1.6bn project financing and development of a 554MW oil shale-fired power plant at Attarat um Ghudran, Jordan.
- YTL Power International Berhad (YTL) on the sell-down of a part of Eesti Energia AS’s equity stake in Attarat Power Company to YTL and to incoming investor Guangdong Yudean Group Co. Limited and the related shareholder arrangements.
- Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad (MAHB) on:
- the acquisition of a 40% stake in Sabiha Gökçen Airport from the GMR Group, taking MAHB’s holding from 20% to 60%
- the acquisition of a further 40% stake in Sabiha Gökçen Airport from the Limak Group, taking MAHB’s holding to 100%
- the sale of its 10% equity stake in Delhi International Airport Private Limited, the company that operates New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport.
- Seadrill Limited, one of the world’s largest offshore drilling contractors, on its comprehensive restructuring plan, involving secured credit facilities totalling $5.7 billion of outstanding debt and delivering $1.06 billion of new capital.
- Interserve plc, one of the world’s leading support services and construction groups, on the development and implementation of a deleveraging plan designed to reduce the group’s debt by approximately £485 million and provide £110 million of fresh liquidity.
- A bidder on the proposed acquisition and financing of North Sea assets.
- JCDecaux SA on the financing of its participation in a consortium of investors in connection with the general offer for Clear Media Limited.
- The Restaurant Group on the financing of its acquisition of Wagamama.
- Ocado Group plc on a £600 million convertible bond.
- Deutsche Bank on a leveraged financing in the real estate sector.
Samay spent five months on secondment at Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett LLP in New York in 2012.