Areas of expertise
Slaughter and May is advising Capricorn Energy plc on its recommended combination with NewMed Energy Limited Partnership
Slaughter and May is advising Micro Focus International plc on a recommended cash acquisition of the entire issued and to be issued share capital of Micro Focus by Open Text Corporation
Slaughter and May is advising John Wood Group on the sale of its Built Environment Business to WSP Global, Inc.
Paul has a broad practice covering a range of corporate and corporate finance matters for listed and unlisted clients. His experience includes advising on public takeovers and mergers, private M&A, equity capital markets and asset management transactions, together with partnership and investment fund structures.
Highlights include advising:
- Meggitt plc on its £6.3 billion recommended acquisition by Parker-Hannifin Corporation
- com NV on its £5.8 billion recommended all-share combination with Just Eat plc and Just Eat Takeaway.com NV on its combination with Grubhub Inc.
- GKN plc on its hostile takeover approach from Melrose Industries PLC
- Pollen Street Capital on its recommended acquisition of Proactis Holdings plc
- Hibu Group on the sale of its US business to an affiliate of H.I.G. Capital
- Bupa on the sale of part of its UK care homes business to HC-One and to Advinia Healthcare
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group on its acquisition of TT International and of a majority interest in Fullerton India Credit Company Limited
- OneSavings Bank plc on its recommended all-share combination with Charter Court Financial Services Group plc and on a new holding company structure
- ITV plc on its acquisition of Talpa Media BV for up to €1.1 billion, its acquisition of UTV Limited, its sale of UTV Ireland and its investment in What3words Limited
- HM Treasury on the recapitalisation of the UK banking industry and on its £1.2 billion investment under the Business Finance Partnership, including commitments to funds managed by Alcentra, Haymarket Financial, M&G Investment Management and Pricoa Capital
- Marks & Spencer, Taylor Wimpey, Signature Aviation, John Lewis, ITV, BT Pension Scheme and others on partnership structures to support the funding of pension schemes
Paul was listed in The Lawyer’s Hot 100 2022 and is the contributing editor of 'The Asset Management Review', a guide to asset management law and practice in over 33 jurisdictions.