Paul has a broad practice covering a range of corporate and corporate finance matters for listed and unlisted clients. His experience includes advising on public takeovers and mergers, private M&A, equity capital markets and asset management transactions, together with partnership and investment fund structures.
Highlights include advising:
- Meggitt plc on its £6.3 billion recommended acquisition by Parker-Hannifin Corporation
- Takeaway.com NV on its £5.8 billion recommended all-share combination with Just Eat plc and Just Eat Takeaway.com NV on its combination with Gubhub Inc.
- GKN plc on its hostile takeover approach from Melrose Industries PLC
- Pollen Street Capital on its recommended acquisition of Proactis Holdings plc
- Hibu Group on the sale of its US business to an affiliate of H.I.G. Capital
- Bupa on the sale of part of its UK care homes business to HC-One and to Advinia Healthcare
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group on its acquisition of TT International and of a majority interest in Fullerton India Credit Company Limited
- OneSavings Bank plc on its recommended all-share combination with Charter Court Financial Services Group plc and on a new holding company structure
- ITV plc on its acquisition of Talpa Media BV for up to €1.1 billion, its acquisition of UTV Limited, its sale of UTV Ireland and its investment in What3words Limited
- HM Treasury on the recapitalisation of the UK banking industry and on its £1.2 billion investment under the Business Finance Partnership, including commitments to funds managed by Alcentra, Haymarket Financial, M&G Investment Management and Pricoa Capital
- Marks & Spencer, Taylor Wimpey, Signature Aviation, John Lewis, ITV, BT Pension Scheme and others on partnership structures to support the funding of pension schemes
Paul is named as a leading individual in the Partnership section of Legal 500, 2016 and is the contributing editor of 'The Asset Management Review', a guide to asset management law and practice in over 33 jurisdictions.