Paul has a broad practice covering a range of corporate and corporate finance matters for listed and unlisted clients. His experience includes advising on M&A transactions, private acquisitions and disposals, equity capital markets and asset management transactions, together with partnership and investment fund structures.
Highlights include advising:
- Takeaway.com on its recommended all-share combination with Just Eat plc
- GKN plc on its hostile takeover approach from Melrose Industries PLC
- John Wood Group plc on its recommended all-share offer to acquire Amec Foster Wheeler plc, in a transaction valuing Amec Foster Wheeler at approximately £2.2 billion
- Bupa on the sale of part of its UK care homes business to HC-One and to Advinia Healthcare
OneSavings Bank plc on its recommended all-share combination with Charter Court Financial Services Group plc
- ITV plc on its acquisition of Talpa Media BV for up to €1.1 billion, its acquisition of UTV Limited and its sale of UTV Ireland
- HM Treasury on the recapitalisation of the UK banking industry and on its £1.2 billion investment under the Business Finance Partnership, including commitments to funds managed by Alcentra, Haymarket Financial, M&G Investment Management and Pricoa Capital
- Marks & Spencer, Taylor Wimpey, BBA Aviation, John Lewis, ITV and others on partnership structures to support the funding of pension schemes
Paul is named as a leading individual in the Partnership section of Legal 500, 2016 and is the contributing editor of 'The Asset Management Review', a guide to asset management law and practice in over 33 jurisdictions.