Areas of expertise
Slaughter and May advised Prudential on the issuer substitution of its bonds, the change in tax residence of Prudential and the establishment of a USCP programme
Natalie has a broad corporate and commercial practice, acting for a range of domestic and international corporate clients. Her practice has a particular focus on public takeovers, private acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures and general advisory matters.
Recent highlights include advising:
- Whitbread PLC on its sale of Costa to The Coca-Cola Company.
- Walmart Inc. on the proposed combination between J Sainsbury plc and Asda Group Limited.
- Standard Life on its merger with Aberdeen Asset Management to create Standard Life Aberdeen plc.
- HM Treasury on the c.£800 million alternative State aid remedies package agreed with the European Commission in relation to RBS’s retail and SME banking business, Williams & Glyn.
- Non-Standard Finance plc on its hostile takeover offer for Provident Financial.
- GKN plc on its defence against a share and cash unsolicited offer by Melrose Industries plc, including its proposed combination of its automotive business with Dana Inc.
- Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc. on its recommended cash takeover of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc.
- Centrica plc on the combination of its European oil and gas exploration and production business with Bayerngas Norge AS.
- Drax Group plc on the acquisition of Scottish Power’s portfolio of pumped storage, hydro and gas-fired generation assets from Scottish Power Generation Holdings Limited.