Lisa has substantial experience in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and general commercial work as well as financing transactions.
She was the chief representative of our Firm in Beijing from 2011 to 2015. She is recommended in the 2022 Chambers Greater China for Corporate/M&A: China-based (International Firms), China and is ranked as a Highly Regarded Lawyer in the 2022 IFLR1000 Asia-Pacific for Private Equity and for Banking.
She is a member of the Policy Research Committee of The Financial Services Development Council established by the Hong Kong SAR Government and a member of the Company Law Committee of The Law Society of Hong Kong.
She read law at Oxford University and is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and in Hong Kong.
Highlights of Lisa’s recent experience include the following:
Sustainable Financing and Investment
- MTR Corporation’s US$1.2 billion green bond issue, being the largest green bond issue in Hong Kong to-date
- Link REIT’s HK$12 billion sustainability-linked loan, being the largest of its kind in the real estate sector and among REITs in Asia to-date
- Swire Beverages’ joint venture for the construction and operation of Hong Kong’s first dedicated PET and HDPE recycling facility, including the green sustainability-linked financing of the project
- Chinachem Group’s sustainable cold storage and logistics facility joint venture in Hong Kong
- Swire Pacific’s investment in Green Monday Holdings, which produces and distributes plant-based food products, including OmniPork and OmniSeafood alternative protein products
- MBK Partners’ sale of its majority interest in GSEI Investment Corporation, a premier operator of waste-to-energy and water/waste water treatment projects, being the largest M&A transaction in the environmental protection services industry to-date
- Swire Properties on its first green bond issue
Other Corporate M&A
- Swire Beverages’ acquisition of the Coca-Cola bottling operations in Vietnam and Cambodia, purchase of the remaining equity interests in six of the beverage preparation and packaging subsidiaries of Coca-Cola Bottlers Manufacturing Holdings in China and expansion of its franchise territories through the realignment of the Coca-Cola bottling system in China
- Swire Pacific’s sale of its paint business to Akzo Nobel Group
- Swire Properties’ joint venture with Sino-Ocean for a new development as an extension of INDIGO in Beijing
- Cathay Pacific’s acquisition of Hong Kong Express
- CK Asset Holdings’ disposal of a property project in Chengdu and the related vendor financing
- the privatisation of Li & Fung (acting for Morgan Stanley as the financial adviser to the offeror)
- Lai Sun Development’s voluntary general offer for eSun (and the related “chain principle” offer for Lai Fung) and its subsequent voluntary general offer for Lai Fung
- the privatisation of HAECO
- COSCO SHIPPING Ports’ acquisitions of stakes in Terminales Portuarios Chancay in Peru, Noatum Port Holdings in Spain and Kumport Terminal in Turkey
- Shangtex’s pre-conditional voluntary general offer for Luen Thai Holdings, a leading OEM garment manufacturer
- the financing of JCDecaux’s participation in the general offer for Clear Media
- the financing of the privatisation of Dah Chong Hong Holdings
- AAC Technologies Holdings’ first club loan
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority’s establishment of the Hong Kong dollar retail bond issuance programme and first three issues under the programme of HK$30 billion in aggregate principal amount of inflation-linked 'ibonds'.