Filippo has a broad corporate practice advising private equity and corporate clients, with a particular focus on public and private M&A, joint ventures and international capital markets work. Filippo is a country partner for Spain and Italy and regularly advises Spanish and Italian clients on corporate transactions.
Highlights include advising:
- Investindustrial on its partial offer for Aston Martin and follow on investments in, Aston Martin; its acquisition of CSM Ingredients; and its proposed disposal of Polynt
- Palamon on its proposed disposal of Feelunique to Sephora and the merger of its portfolio company, The Simplify Group, with My Home Move
- Corsair Capital on the acquisition of the majority of RGI and a minority interest in Xceptor
- Blackstone on its investments in Prima Assicurazioni, Beauparc and HH Global
- Inflexion on its acquisition of a majority stake in UKFast
- Virgin Group, alongside CVC, on the sale of a majority stake in Virgin Active
- Vodafone on the sale of its interest in Verizon Wireless for $130 billion, and its simultaneous $84 billion return of value
- DS Smith on its takeover of Europac and related rights issue
- Aston Martin on its initial public offering
- Tata Steel Group on its definitive agreements to enter into a 50/50 Joint Venture with thyssenkrupp AG
In 2015, Filippo was awarded a place on the Financial News 40 under 40 Rising Stars list, which identifies leading lawyers in the City of London under the age of 40. Filippo was also named as a rising star in 2018 in Legal Week’s “the next generation of City private equity talent”.