Areas of expertise
Slaughter and May is advising the John Lewis Partnership on its £500m residential rental homes joint venture with abrdn
Slaughter and May is advising GSK on the proposed demerger of its Consumer Healthcare business to form Haleon
Slaughter and May is advising Marshalls plc on its proposed acquisition of Marley Group plc and its related equity and debt financing arrangements
Emma advises on all areas of tax law, including
- structuring and other tax aspects of M&A, joint ventures, demergers and IPOs
- standalone tax advisory work, such as group reorganisations and the taxation of incentives arrangements for individuals
- tax enquiries and disputes.
She also leads our pensions tax practice, advising employers and trustees on all aspects of pensions taxation, including pension funding structures.
Highlights include advising:
- GSK on the demerger of its consumer healthcare business to form Haleon (having previously advised on the creation of GSK’s global consumer healthcare joint ventures with Novartis and Pfizer)
- the John Lewis Partnership on its £500m residential rental homes joint venture with abrdn
- a large UK employer on the establishment of an unregistered life assurance plan
- Walmart on the c. £3.8 billion buy-in of the Asda Group Pension Scheme with Rothesay Life
- trustees and employers on the application of unauthorised payment charges in various circumstances, such as pension funding structures and loans to schemes
- Bupa on its agreement to sell part of its UK care home business to HC-One