Areas of expertise
Slaughter and May advises Intact and RSA Group on derisking of Sal Pension Scheme and the Royal Insurance Group Pension Scheme
Slaughter and May is advising Cineworld in connection with the Chapter 11 cases for its US, UK and Jersey businesses
Slaughter and May is advising Micro Focus International plc on a recommended cash acquisition of the entire issued and to be issued share capital of Micro Focus by Open Text Corporation
Claire has a broad international financing practice covering acquisition and bid finance, general bank finance, debt capital markets and financial restructurings.
Highlights include advising:
- INEOS on its acquisition of BP’s Global petrochemicals business for $5 billion
- Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited on its possible offer for London Stock Exchange Group plc
- ASOS plc on its debut issuance of £500 million of guaranteed senior unsecured convertible bonds due 2026
- Seadrill Limited on the multijurisdictional restructuring of its £12.8 billion of existing debt, including the issuance of $880 million of new secured notes
- Ocado Group plc on its £1,007 million placing, retail offer and convertible bond offer
In 2016/17, Claire spent fifteen months on secondment at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP in New York.