Sara is Head of our Tax practice and advises a wide range of clients on all aspects of corporate taxation and corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, demergers and corporate reconstructions, structured finance, securitisations and asset finance. Sara has also advised on disputes with HMRC which have been settled following negotiation or which have proceeded to litigation.
Recent highlights include advising:
- Reliance Brands Limited on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Hamleys Global Holdings Limited from C. Banner International Holdings Limited, for an enterprise value of £67.96 million
- FTSE-100 client CRH plc on the sale of its European distribution business (valued at €1.64 billion, including net debt) to private equity funds managed by Blackstone
- PSA Group, the French owner of Peugeot, on its proposed £35 billion merger with Fiat Chrysler, to create the world’s fourth biggest car maker
- Daily Mail and General Trust plc on the acquisition by dmg media, its consumer media business, of the ‘i’, the UK national newspaper and website, from JPIMedia Limited for an enterprise value of £49.6 million
- Michael Kors on its £896 million recommended cash acquisition of Jimmy Choo
- Centrica on its agreement with Stadtwerke München GmbH to combine Centrica’s European oil and gas exploration business with Bayerngas Norge
- Linde AG on its combination with Praxair, Inc.
- INEOS on its acquisition of (i) the Forties Pipeline System and (ii) DONG Energy’s Oil & Gas business
- Richemont on the merger of its subsidiary, Net-a-Porter with the Italian group, YOOX, to create an online global fashion giant with combined sales of €1.3b billion
- Remgro and Mediclinic (both JSE Listed) on the acquisition by a subsidiary of Remgro of a 29.9% interest in Spire Healthcare Groups and the recommended combination (as a reverse takeover) of Mediclinic with UK listed Al Noor Hospitals Group
Sara was recognised in the 2019 FT & HERoes 100 Female Executives - celebrating 100 senior female role models who are helping to increase gender diversity in the workplace.
Sara is listed in the 2020 Legal 500 Hall of Fame and as a leading individual for Corporate Tax in Chambers UK, Chambers Europe and Chambers Global 2019. Sara is also listed in the latest edition of Who's Who Legal, the Tax Directors Handbook and the ITR's Tax Controversy and Women in Tax Leaders Guides. Chambers describe Sara as "a superb tax lawyer" and "a brilliant technician”.
Sara writes regularly for www.europeantax.blog and a number of other tax publications and is a frequent speaker at conferences.
List of all our partners