Richard has a broad corporate and corporate finance practice with particular experience in public and private M&A and equity capital markets work. He has also developed specialist expertise in the energy, natural resources, pharmaceuticals, insurance and banking sectors.
Recent highlights include advising:
- GlaxoSmithKline on its major three-part inter-conditional transaction with Novartis involving the combination of their consumer healthcare businesses to form a new world-leading consumer healthcare business, the acquisition by GSK of Novartis' global vaccines business for $5.25 billion plus milestone and royalty payments, and the sale by GSK to Novartis of its marketed oncology portfolio for $16 billion;
- Brit plc on its IPO in 2014 and its recommended takeover offer by Fairfax in 2015
- Spirit Pub Company plc on its recommended takeover offer by Greene King
- Countrywide, Arrow Global and Stock Spirits (and their principal selling shareholders) on their flotations on the London Stock Exchange
- British Gas on its acquisition of AlertMe, a connected homes technology specialist
List of all our partners