Richard has a broad corporate and corporate finance practice with particular experience in public and private M&A, joint ventures and equity capital markets work.
Recent highlights include advising:
- Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc. on its recommended cash takeover of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc
- The Walt Disney Company in relation to its acquisition of 21st Century Fox, Inc. and the involvement of Disney and Fox in the takeover battle for Sky plc
- Countrywide plc on its capital refinancing plan including a placing and open offer
- Innogy on the merger of its npower business with SSE’s UK retail electricity and gas supply business and the listing of the combined entity
- GlaxoSmithKline on its major three-part transaction with Novartis involving the combination of their consumer healthcare businesses to form a new world-leading consumer healthcare business, the acquisition by GSK of Novartis' global vaccines business for $5.25 billion plus milestone and royalty payments, and the sale by GSK to Novartis of its marketed oncology portfolio for $16 billion.
Richard has also advised Countrywide, Stock Spirits, Brit and Arrow Global on their main market IPOs and Aquis Exchange on its AIM IPO, and Brit, Spirit Pub Company and Equinix on UK public takeovers.
List of all our partners