Areas of expertise
Slaughter and May advised Prudential on the issuer substitution of its bonds, the change in tax residence of Prudential and the establishment of a USCP programme
Slaughter and May is advising on Honghua’s proposed USD130 million share issue to Dongfang Electric and China Chengtong and whitewash waiver from SFC
Slaughter and May is advising CICC and J.P. Morgan on a USD115m secondary block trade by a controlling shareholder of Bosideng International Holdings Limited
Slaughter and May is advising CICC on the US$327 million proposed privatisation of China VAST Industrial Urban Development by China Jinmao
Vincent is a corporate partner in our Hong Kong office with extensive experience in domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, Hong Kong public takeovers, joint ventures, listings and other equity capital markets transactions, and general corporate advisory work.
He is recognised as a “Next Generation Partner” in Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2023 for Corporate (including M&A) in Hong Kong and as a “Rising Star” in IFLR1000 Asia-Pacific 2022 for M&A in Hong Kong.
Vincent’s experience includes advising:
- MTR in relation to its acquisition of an approximately 6.6% shareholding in Octopus Holdings Limited from Citybus Limited and New World First Bus Services Limited;
- Alibaba in relation to its strategic cooperation, and the reorganisation of its joint venture, with E-House (China) Enterprise Holdings Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company;
- Alibaba in relation to: (a) its acquisition in 2017 of an economic interest of approximately 36.16% in Sun Art Retail Group Limited (Sun Art), a Hong Kong-listed company, and the related mandatory general offer for shares in Sun Art; and (b) its acquisition in 2020 of a further stake (equivalent to an economic interest of approximately 36.18%) in Sun Art, and the related mandatory general offer for shares in Sun Art;
- Swire Pacific in relation to the HK$39 billion recapitalisation of, and the issue of the HK$6,740,000,000 2.75% convertible bond due 2026 guaranteed by, Cathay Pacific;
- Baring Private Equity Asia in relation to its issue of exchangeable bonds to, and its subscription of convertible bonds issued by, China Water Affairs Group Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company;
- Morgan Stanley Asia as financial adviser to the Offeror, Golden Lincoln Holdings, in relation to the privatisation of Li & Fung, a Hong Kong-listed company;
- COFCO Hong Kong in relation to its privatisation of China Agri-Industries Holdings Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company;
- HNA Finance I and Hong Kong International Construction Investment Management Group Co., Limited (HKICIM) in relation to the disposal by HNA Finance I of its 69.5% shareholding in HKICIM, a Hong Kong-listed company, to Times Holdings, and the related mandatory general offer by Times Holdings for shares in HKICIM;
- Alibaba in relation to its subscription for new shares in Alibaba Pictures Group Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company;
- Swire Pacific in relation to its privatisation of Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company; and
- China Power New Energy Development Company Limited (CPNE) and China Power Clean Energy Development Company Limited (CPCE) in relation to the re-domiciliation of the holding company of the listed group, from Bermuda-incorporated CPNE to Hong Kong-incorporated CPCE by way of a scheme of arrangement.
Vincent read law at the University of Cambridge and is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong and England and Wales. He speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.