Vincent is a corporate partner in our Hong Kong office with extensive experience in domestic and cross-border M&A transactions, Hong Kong public takeovers, joint ventures, listings and other equity capital markets transactions, and general corporate advisory work.
He is recognised as a “Next Generation Partner” in Legal 500 Asia-Pacific 2023 for Corporate (including M&A) in Hong Kong and as a “Rising Star” in IFLR1000 Asia-Pacific 2022 for M&A in Hong Kong.
Vincent’s experience includes advising:
- MTR in relation to its acquisition of an approximately 6.6% shareholding in Octopus Holdings Limited from Citybus Limited and New World First Bus Services Limited;
- Alibaba in relation to its strategic cooperation, and the reorganisation of its joint venture, with E-House (China) Enterprise Holdings Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company;
- Alibaba in relation to: (a) its acquisition in 2017 of an economic interest of approximately 36.16% in Sun Art Retail Group Limited (Sun Art), a Hong Kong-listed company, and the related mandatory general offer for shares in Sun Art; and (b) its acquisition in 2020 of a further stake (equivalent to an economic interest of approximately 36.18%) in Sun Art, and the related mandatory general offer for shares in Sun Art;
- Swire Pacific in relation to the HK$39 billion recapitalisation of, and the issue of the HK$6,740,000,000 2.75% convertible bond due 2026 guaranteed by, Cathay Pacific;
- Baring Private Equity Asia in relation to its issue of exchangeable bonds to, and its subscription of convertible bonds issued by, China Water Affairs Group Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company;
- Morgan Stanley Asia as financial adviser to the Offeror, Golden Lincoln Holdings, in relation to the privatisation of Li & Fung, a Hong Kong-listed company;
- COFCO Hong Kong in relation to its privatisation of China Agri-Industries Holdings Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company;
- HNA Finance I and Hong Kong International Construction Investment Management Group Co., Limited (HKICIM) in relation to the disposal by HNA Finance I of its 69.5% shareholding in HKICIM, a Hong Kong-listed company, to Times Holdings, and the related mandatory general offer by Times Holdings for shares in HKICIM;
- Alibaba in relation to its subscription for new shares in Alibaba Pictures Group Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company;
- Swire Pacific in relation to its privatisation of Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited, a Hong Kong-listed company; and
- China Power New Energy Development Company Limited (CPNE) and China Power Clean Energy Development Company Limited (CPCE) in relation to the re-domiciliation of the holding company of the listed group, from Bermuda-incorporated CPNE to Hong Kong-incorporated CPCE by way of a scheme of arrangement.
Vincent read law at the University of Cambridge and is admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong and England and Wales. He speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.