Thomas is Senior Counsel within our Insurance practice. He has a broad range of experience working for UK and international clients on a variety of transactions, with a focus on the insurance sector, including public and private M&A in addition to insurance and reinsurance arrangements and regulatory advice.
Highlights include advising:
- on the coverage of Covid-19 under business interruption insurance
- Prudential plc on the demerger of its UK & Europe business (M&G Prudential), resulting in two separately-listed companies
- Allianz on aspects of its acquisition of Legal & General Insurance Limited, the general insurance business of Legal & General Group
- Legal & General on aspects of the sale of its mature savings business to Swiss Re for £650 million
- esure Group plc on its £1.2bn takeover by a subsidiary of funds advised by Bain Capital Private Equity, LP and its affiliates by way of scheme of arrangement
- Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited on its £29.6 billion possible offer for London Stock Exchange Group plc
- insurers, trustees and corporates on pensions de-risking matters, including Aviva on the de-risking of the Aviva Staff Pension Scheme, and subsequently the RAC scheme, by way of a longevity swap involving insurance and reinsurance arrangements
- clients in the insurance sector on a range of matters, including M&A and corporate law, insurance and reinsurance arrangements, and insurance law and regulation (including Solvency II).
Thomas has spent time on secondment with Legal & General, where he supported the bulk annuities business.