Oly is a member of our infrastructure, energy and natural resources practice and our real estate practice. He has wide-ranging experience in the acquisition, disposal and development of all real assets. He has a particular focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors, including large-scale projects, M&A and commercial matters across the value chain. He is a member of the firm’s steering committees for the energy and infrastructure and the commercial contracts streams.
Highlights include advising:
- Drax on the acquisition of Scottish Power’s portfolio of pumped storage, hydro and gas-fired generation assets and the subsequent sale of the gas-fired assets to VPI Immingham.
- Aker Horizons on its proposed acquisition of Mainstream Renewable Power.
- Ørsted on various offshore windfarm projects and disposals, including the Hornsea P1 1.2GW offshore wind farm, the Walney Extension 659MW offshore wind farm and the Race Bank 573MW offshore wind farm.
- Legal & General in relation to multiple forward funding developments and acquisitions.
- Ovo Energy on its purchase of SSE’s GB household energy and services business.
- Petrogas and HitecVision on their proposed acquisition from Total of a portfolio of upstream oil & gas assets in the North Sea.
- HitecVision on numerous other proposed UKCS acquisitions and commercial agreements.
- The Department for Transport on the West Coast Partnership Franchise (including HS2).
- SEGRO in respect of a long-term agreement governing the provision of crucial electricity, water and steam services to Slough Trading Estate, Europe’s largest trading estate in single ownership.
- A fund in relation to the creation of a joint venture in the efficient energy sector.
- UK Green Investment Bank on both its creation and privatisation, and in connection with its investment in the Rampion offshore wind farm.
- Ocado Group on its long term commercial contracts with Ocado Retail, the online grocery retail 50/50 joint venture between Ocado Group and Marks and Spencer, in respect of the provision to Ocado Retail of the Ocado Smart Platform technology and third party logistics services.