Oly is a member of our infrastructure, energy and natural resources practice. He has wide-ranging experience in the domestic and international energy and infrastructure sectors, advising clients on all aspects of the value chain including large-scale projects, M&A and commercial matters. Oly has a particular focus on the energy sector, with significant upstream and midstream oil and gas expertise and broad experience in advising clients on investments in the wind, solar, energy-from-waste, hydro, and traditional thermal power sectors. He is a member of the firm’s steering committees for the energy and infrastructure and the commercial contracts streams.
Highlights include advising:
- Petrogas and HitecVision on their proposed acquisition from Total of a portfolio of upstream oil & gas assets in the North Sea.
- HitecVision on numerous other proposed UKCS acquisitions and commercial agreements.
- Drax on the acquisition of Scottish Power’s portfolio of pumped storage, hydro and gasfired generation assets.
- Ørsted on the construction, operation and maintenance aspects of its investment in various offshore windfarm projects, including the Hornsea P1 1.2GW offshore wind farm, the Walney Extension 659MW offshore wind farm and the Race Bank 573MW offshore wind farm.
- Ovo Energy on its purchase of SSE’s GB household energy and services business.
- The Department for Transport on the West Coast Partnership Franchise (including HS2).
- SEGRO in respect of a long-term agreement governing the provision of crucial electricity, water and steam services to Slough Trading Estate, Europe’s largest trading estate in single ownership.
- A fund in relation to the creation of a joint venture in the efficient energy sector.
- UK Green Investment Bank on both its creation and privatisation, and in connection with its investment in the Rampion offshore wind farm.
- Ocado Group on its long term commercial contracts with Ocado Retail, the online grocery retail 50/50 joint venture between Ocado Group and Marks and Spencer, in respect of the provision to Ocado Retail of the Ocado Smart Platform technology and third party logistics services.
- Legal & General in relation to multiple forward funding developments and acquisitions.