Oly is a member of our infrastructure, energy and natural resources practice. He has wide ranging domestic and international experience advising clients on all aspects of the value chain including M&A, large-scale projects and corporate and commercial matters. Oly has a particular focus on the power and oil & gas sectors, as well as emerging technologies like CCUS and hydrogen. He is a member of the firm’s global steering committees for energy and infrastructure and commercial contracts.
Highlights include advising:
- BlackRock’s GEPIF III fund as co-lead consortium investor in respect of the purchase of a 49% equity stake in Aramco Gas Pipelines Company for $15.5 billion.
- Centrica and Spirit Energy in respect of the sale of Spirit Energy’s Norwegian business to Sval Energi and Equinor
- INEOS in respect of its Greensands CCUS project offshore Denmark.
- Ørsted on various offshore windfarm projects and disposals, including the Hornsea P1 1.2GW offshore wind farm, the Walney Extension 659MW offshore wind farm and the Race Bank 573MW offshore wind farm.
- HitecVision on its acquisition from Total of a portfolio of upstream oil & gas assets in the North Sea and on the establishment of NEO Energy.
- Viridor and KKR in respect of Viridor’s energy-from-waste business.
- Drax on the acquisition of Scottish Power’s portfolio of pumped storage, hydro and gas-fired generation assets and the subsequent sale of the gas-fired assets to VPI Immingham.
- Aker Horizons on its acquisition of Mainstream Renewable Power.
- Legal & General in relation to multiple forward funding developments and acquisitions.
- Ovo Energy on its purchase of SSE’s GB household energy and services business.
- The Department for Transport on the West Coast Partnership Franchise (including HS2).
- SEGRO in respect of a long-term agreement governing the provision of crucial electricity, water and steam services to Slough Trading Estate, Europe’s largest trading estate in single ownership.
- UK Green Investment Bank on both its creation and privatisation, and in connection with its investment in the 400MW Rampion offshore wind farm.
- Ocado Group on its long term commercial contracts with Ocado Retail, the online grocery retail 50/50 joint venture between Ocado Group and Marks and Spencer, in respect of the provision to Ocado Retail of the Ocado Smart Platform technology and third party logistics services.