Natalie joined the firm in 2005 and moved to our Hong Kong office in 2009. She is an experienced competition and regulatory lawyer who represents clients in relation to cross-border M&A (with a particular focus on Chinese merger filings) and the new Hong Kong competition legislation.
She has worked on a number of matters involving HK, EU and UK competition law, and her experience covers a range of merger control, anti-trust and sectoral regulation work. Natalie splits her time between the Hong Kong and Beijing offices.
Natalie has been responsible for coordinating the Chinese and Asian merger notifications on a number of global transactions.
Her recent advice on cross-border transactions in China and across Asia includes:
- Shell on its £47 billion acquisition of BG Group
- a Hong Kong listed operator of the largest standalone messaging app on its US$8.6 billion acquisition of a majority stake in Supercell Oy
- Swire Beverages on the expansion of its Coca-Cola bottling franchise territories in Mainland China
- Shangtex (a Shanghai state-owned enterprise) on its HK$1.5 billion takeover of Luen Thai Holdings Limited
- Thermo Fisher Scientific on its US$13 billion proposed takeover of Life Technologies Corporation and its US$4.2 billion takeover of FEI Company
- Starwood on its US$13 billion acquisition by Marriott
- Rolls Royce on its acquisition of 50% stake in Rolls-Royce Power Systems joint venture
- Bertelsmann on its combination with Pearson of their respective trade-book publishing businesses
- INEOS on its PVC joint venture with Solvay, styrenics joint venture with BASF and oil refining joint venture with PetroChina
Natalie is listed as a leading lawyer in Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019 for Competition/Antitrust (International Firms), China and is ranked as a Highly Regarded Lawyer in the IFLR1000 Asia-Pacific 2019 for Competition in Hong Kong. She is also recommended in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019 for Antitrust and Competition and in the 2018 edition of Who's Who Legal as an expert in Who's Who Legal Competition: Lawyers, Who's Who Legal Thought Leaders - Competition: Lawyers and Who's Who Legal Competition: Future Leaders – Partners. Natalie is referred to as "one of the standout lawyers in Hong Kong" and "one of the world's foremost experts on Hong Kong's competition legislation".