Areas of expertise
Slaughter and May is advising Capricorn Energy PLC on its recommended all-share combination with Tullow Oil PLC
Slaughter and May is advising Marshalls plc on its proposed acquisition of Marley Group plc and its related equity and debt financing arrangements
Hem has a broad corporate and M&A practice, principally focusing on public takeovers, domestic and international private M&A, joint ventures and equity capital markets work.
Hem has a particular interest in public M&A, and will be undertaking a secondment to the Takeover Panel as Secretary from September 2023.
Highlights include advising:
- Marshalls on its £535m acquisition of Marley
- Pollen Street Capital on its recommended offer, as joint offeror with DBAY, for Proactis
- Equinix on its $320m acquisition of MainOne
- DeepMind on various matters, including the creation of Isomorphic Labs
- Arsenal on player transfer dealings
- Aston Martin Lagonda on its initial public offering
- Various corporates on documented and undocumented secondary capital raises, including Rolls-Royce, Marshalls, ASOS, IWG and William Hill
Hem is an active member of our Sport practice and has experience advising governing bodies, clubs, investors and individuals on club, stadium and player transactions, as well as on governance, sporting regulatory and contentious matters.
As an associate, Hem spent 9 months on secondment to the Corporate team of Gilbert + Tobin, Sydney.