David heads one of the firm’s corporate groups and has over 25 years’ experience advising on a wide range of corporate transactions, commercial agreements and governance matters. He has particular experience in public and private M&A transactions, joint ventures and equity financings. David acts for a number of listed companies, including Arrow Global Group, BAT, BHP, Cineworld, GlaxoSmithKline, IAG, Marston’s, SEGRO, The Restaurant Group and William Hill.
David is named as a leading individual in the ‘Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability’ in Chambers UK 2018, Chambers Europe 2018 and Chambers Global 2018. He is also listed as a leading individual for ‘Life Sciences: Transactional’ in Chambers UK 2018.
His significant transactions include advising:
- IAG on its rights issue to raise up to €2.75 billion
- Cineworld on its US$3.6 billion acquisition of Regal Entertainment and proposed US$1.66 billion acquisition of Cineplex
- Marston’s on its proposed brewing joint venture with Carlsberg A/S
- William Hill on its equity placing to raise £224 million and its recommended £2.9 billion cash takeover by Caesars Entertainment
- GlaxoSmithKline on the formation of a new world-leading Consumer Healthcare joint venture with Pfizer, its £3.1 billion sale of Horlicks and other consumer healthcare nutrition brands to Unilever and numerous other M&A transactions
- The Restaurant Group on its acquisition of Wagamama and recent equity placing to raise £57 million
- Actelion on its US$30 billion acquisition by Johnson & Johnson and related demerger of Idorsia
- SEGRO on its rights issue to raise £573 million and recent placing to raise £680 million