David advises on a wide range of corporate and commercial transactions. He has extensive experience in public and private M&A transactions and equity financings and acts for a number of listed companies, including Arrow Global Group, Cineworld, GlaxoSmithKline, IAG, SEGRO, The Restaurant Group and William Hill.
David is named as a leading individual in the ‘Corporate/M&A: High-end Capability’ in Chambers UK 2018, Chambers Europe 2018 and Chambers Global 2018. He is also listed as a leading individual for ‘Life Sciences: Transactional’ in Chambers UK 2018.
His significant transactions include advising:
- Cineworld on its proposed acquisition of Cineplex for US$1.66 billion
- GlaxoSmithKline on the formation of a new world-leading Consumer Healthcare Joint Venue with Pfizer
- GlaxoSmithKline on its sale of Horlicks and other consumer healthcare nutrition brands to Unilever for a total consideration valued at £3.1 billion
- The Restaurant Group on its acquisition of Wagamama for an enterprise value of £559 million and associated rights issue and new debt facilities
- GlaxoSmithKline on its agreement to buy out Novartis’ 36.5% stake in their Consumer Healthcare joint venture for cash consideration of US$13 billion
- Cineworld on its US$3.6 billion acquisition of Regal Entertainment and associated £1.7 billion rights issue
- Actelion on its US$30 billion acquisition by Johnson & Johnson and related demerger of Idorsia
- GlaxoSmithKline on its three-part interconditional Vaccines, Oncology and Consumer Healthcare transaction with Novartis
- Shawbrook Group on its IPO and subsequent £868 million takeover offer from Marlin Bidco
- Punch Taverns on its £2.3 billion financial restructuring and the subsequent £403 million recommended takeover by Vine Acquisitions
- SEGRO on its placing to raise £325 million and rights issue to raise £573 million
- Pollen Street Capital on the sales of Moneycorp to Bridgepoint and Target to Tech Mahindra, the sales of its stakes in Arrow Global Group and Shawbrook Group and its merger with the operations of MW Eaglewood
- GlaxoSmithKline the establishment of its HIV and bioelectronics joint ventures, ViiV Healthcare and Galvani