Claire has a broad corporate and corporate finance practice, advising on all forms of domestic and international M&A transactions, including public takeovers, private acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, and equity financing. She also advises clients on company law, corporate governance and other general advisory matters.
Claire has particular expertise in the pharmaceutical, life sciences and healthcare sectors.
She also has experience in shareholder activism, having undertaken a secondment to Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz in New York in 2015/2016 and advised a number of corporate clients on recent activist campaigns in the UK.
Highlights include advising:
- GlaxoSmithKline on various major transactions, including:
- the establishment of its global consumer healthcare joint venture with Pfizer;
- the three-part inter-conditional transaction with Novartis, which involved the creation of its earlier global consumer healthcare joint venture, alongside the global Oncology portfolio disposal to Novartis and the global Vaccines acquisition by GSK.
- Hong Kong Exchanges on its £29.6 billion proposed offer for the London Stock Exchange Group.
- FirstGroup on the general meeting requisitioned by Coast Capital to consider resolutions to remove six of the directors and replace them with seven of Coast Capital’s own nominees.
- Shire on the recommended £46 billion takeover by Takeda.
- ASOS on its cashbox placing to raise gross proceeds of approximately £247 million, undertaken to provide liquidity and flexibility during and beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Immunocore on various matters including its collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and series B funding round.
- GKN on the proposed £4.5 billion combination of its automotive business with Dana Inc., undertaken as part of GKN’s defence against the unsolicited offer by Melrose.
- Legal and General on the sale of its Mature Savings business to Swiss Re for £650 million.
- Standard Life on the recommended all-share merger with Aberdeen Asset Management.