Claire has a broad corporate and corporate finance practice, advising on all forms of domestic and international M&A transactions, including public takeovers, private acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, and equity financings. She has particular expertise in the pharmaceutical, life sciences and healthcare and insurance sectors.
Claire also has experience in shareholder activism and has advised a number of corporate clients on recent activist campaigns. She is an author of the United Kingdom chapter in The Shareholder Rights and Activism Review. She also spent time on secondment to Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz in New York in 2015-2016.
Claire was recently included in the Law.com 2021 Rising Stars list of the 25 best up and coming female lawyers in the UK.
Highlights include advising:
- GlaxoSmithKline on various major transactions, including:
- the establishment of its global consumer healthcare joint venture with Pfizer;
- the three-part inter-conditional transaction with Novartis, which involved the creation of its earlier global consumer healthcare joint venture, alongside the global Oncology portfolio disposal to Novartis and the global Vaccines acquisition by GSK.
- Aviva on the successive divestments of Aviva Poland and Aviva Singapore as part of the execution of Aviva’s strategy to refocus its portfolio
- ASOS on:
- its cashbox placing to raise gross proceeds of approximately £247 million
- the joint venture with Nordstrom in relation to the Topshop, Topman, Miss Selfridge and HIIT brands.
- Shire on the recommended £46 billion takeover by Takeda.
- Immunocore on various matters including its collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and series B funding round.
- Hong Kong Exchanges on its £29.6 billion proposed offer for the London Stock Exchange Group.
- Legal and General on the sale of its Mature Savings business to Swiss Re for £650 million.
- Standard Life on the recommended all-share merger with Aberdeen Asset Management.