Cathy is a partner in our IP/Tech group. She advises on all aspects of IP and technology. Her practice includes the protection and exploitation of patents, trade marks, copyright and know-how across a diverse range of sectors. She has extensive experience advising on licensing, franchising and technology transfer as well as the IP and technology aspects of mergers, acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and flotations.
Highlights include advising:
- Reliance Brands, India’s largest brand franchisee on the IP aspects of its acquisition of the Hamleys group and brand from the C. Banner Group.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific on its acquisition of a drug substance manufacturing site in Cork from GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- The Walt Disney Company in relation to the proposed divestment of Sky News to Disney which would have occurred had Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc acquired Sky plc.
- Cemex, S.A.B. de C. V. on the IP and IT aspects of the sale by a subsidiary of certain assets in the UK to Breedon Group.
- Tata Steel UK on the IP and IT aspects of various disposals including the sale of Longs Steel UK.
- Virgin Group in relation to the offer made by CYBG plc to acquire Virgin Money Holdings (UK) plc including advising on the licence of the Virgin brand.
- Unilever PLC on the acquisition of Pukka Herbs.
“Cathy Connolly and her non-contentious team consistently deliver clear, pragmatic, high-quality legal judgement and business savvy advice.” The Legal 500 2020