Ben is a partner in our corporate department, covering the Asia-Pacific region from our Hong Kong office. He advises on all areas of corporate law, including cross-border and domestic acquisitions and disposals, public takeovers, joint ventures and corporate governance.
Ben spent six months at Prudential working on various M&A and bancassurance matters.
He has published in the areas of hedge funds and asset management.
Highlights include advising:
- Standard Chartered Bank on matters including its strategic joint venture to build a new standalone digital retail bank in Hong Kong and the establishment of a Hong Kong hub entity structure to enhance capital and liquidity utilisation across the SCB Group.
- Allianz Real Estate and Alpha Investment Partners on the acquisition of a stake in Beijing Ronsin Technology Center.
- Eastspring Investments on its acquisition of a controlling stake in Thanachart Fund Management.
- Prudential on matters including its bancassurance arrangement with United Overseas Bank for Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam, its bancassurance arrangement with SeABank in Vietnam, and the sale of its life insurance subsidiary in Korea to Mirae Asset Life Insurance Co., Ltd.
- Amyris, Inc. on its collaboration arrangements with a subsidiary of Yifan Pharmaceutical, one of the leading Chinese pharmaceutical companies.
- Wing Tai Properties on the sale of Allied Effort, an investment holding company of the “W Square” property in Hong Kong.
- GE Capital on the sale of its stake in SBI Card to the Carlyle Group and the State Bank of India.
- Tenaga Nasional Berhad in relation to its subscription for a stake in GMR Energy Limited and their related strategic partnership in the power production business in India.
- COSCO Pacific Limited on the formation of its joint venture with China Merchants Holdings (International) Company Limited and China Investment Corporation for the acquisition of a stake in Kumport Terminal.