Andrew undertakes a broad range of corporate and corporate finance work. His practice consists principally of acting for clients on domestic and international corporate finance and M&A transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, mergers and public takeovers, restructurings, equity financings and joint ventures.
Andrew is an expert advising clients on company law, corporate governance and other board-related matters. He is Head of our Risk practice and a member of the Company Law Committee of the Law Society.
Andrew is also Head of our Sport team, counting football, in particular, as a specialist area. He is a trustee of The Arsenal Foundation.
Highlights include advising:
- Takeaway.com on its recommended all-share combination with Just Eat plc
- Santander UK on all aspects of its approach to Banking Reform in the UK and the creation of its Ring-Fenced Bank (including Santander UK's Ring-Fencing Transfer Scheme)
- INEOS on its acquisition of French Ligue 1 football club, OGC Nice
- FirstGroup on the takeover approach made to the company by funds controlled by Apollo.
- Arsenal on the public takeover offer by KSE, UK, Inc.
- Cable & Wireless Communications Plc on various transactions, including:
- its recommended takeover by Liberty Global plc, which was effected by way of scheme of arrangement
- its acquisition of Columbus International, Inc for consideration of US$1.85 billion plus the assumption of Columbus’ net debt of US$1.17 billion
- FirstGroup plc on a fully underwritten rights issue to raise approximately £615 million