Andrew undertakes a broad range of corporate and corporate finance work. His practice consists principally of acting for clients on domestic and international corporate finance and M&A transactions, including acquisitions and disposals, mergers and public takeovers, restructurings, equity financings and joint ventures.
Andrew is an expert advising clients on company law, corporate governance and other board-related matters. He is Head of our Risk practice and a member of the Company Law Committee of the Law Society.
Andrew also heads our Sport team, counting football, in particular, as a specialist area. He is a trustee of The Arsenal Foundation.
Highlights include advising:
- FirstGroup plc on the sale of First Student and First Transit to EQT Infrastructure
- Signature Aviation plc on its recommended takeover by a consortium comprising Blackstone, Global Infrastructure Partners and Cascade
- ASOS plc on the acquisition of the Topshop, Topman, Miss Selfridge and HIIT brands from Arcadia (in administration)
- Takeaway.com on its recommended all-share combination with Just Eat plc and, subsequently, Just Eat Takeaway.com on its combination with Grubhub Inc.
- A.S. Roma S.p.A. and its owners, the Friedkin Family, on the appointment of José Mourinho as Roma’s new head coach
- Santander UK on various transactions, including:
- the transfer of substantially all of its UK Corporate & Investment Banking business to the London branch of Banco Santander, S.A. by way of Part VII Scheme
- all aspects of its approach to Banking Reform in the UK and the creation of its Ring-Fenced Bank (including Santander UK's Ring-Fencing Transfer Scheme)
- Costain on a firm placing and placing and open offer, as well as ASOS plc and Hays plc on share placings
- INEOS on its acquisition of French Ligue 1 football club, OGC Nice