Alex advises on a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions, with a particular focus on public and private M&A, equity financings and restructurings, as well as infrastructure, energy and natural resources matters.
Highlights include advising:
- Ovo Energy on its acquisition of SSE plc’s GB household energy and services business.
- YTL Power International Berhad on the proposed acquisition of the power plant and associated assets of Tuaspring Pte Ltd for a total consideration of SGD331,450,000.
- Vodafone on various matters, including:
- the merger of Bharti Infratel and Indus Towers (to form the largest cellular tower infraco in the world outside China)
- an equity capital raise by Vodafone Idea Limited.
- John Wood Group on its recommended all-share offer to acquire Amec Foster Wheeler plc, in a transaction which valued Amec Foster Wheeler at £2.2 billion.
- GlaxoSmithKline on its agreement to buy out Novartis’ 36.5% stake in their Consumer Healthcare joint venture for cash consideration of US$13 billion.
- Sophos on its recommended cash offer by Thoma Bravo, in a transaction which valued Sophos at US$3.9 billion.
- Markerstudy Group in relation to the restructuring of loan arrangements with its business and capacity partner Qatar Re.
- Cineworld on its US$3.6 billion acquisition of Regal Entertainment and associated £1.7 billion rights issue.
- Centrica on the joint sale of the Glens of Foudland, Lynn and Inner Dowsing wind farms, and on the sale of its 50% interest in the Lincs wind farm.
- ARM on its £24 billion recommended cash offer by SoftBank.