Lisa advises in relation to all aspects of competition and regulatory work including merger control, antitrust, sectoral regulation, competition litigation, state aid and public procurement. She also advises on foreign investment. Lisa works in both our London and Brussels offices. She is a member of the Brussels Bar (A list), as well as being qualified as a solicitor (England and Wales).
- Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited on the merger control and foreign investment aspects of its possible offer for London Stock Exchange Group
- Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc. on the EU and global merger control and foreign investment aspects of its recommended cash acquisition of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc
- Innogy on the UK merger control aspects of the combination of its subsidiary Npower with the domestic supply business of SSE plc
- Michael Kors on the EU and global merger control aspects of its acquisitions of Jimmy Choo and Versace
- Actelion on the EU and global merger control aspects of its acquisition by Johnson & Johnson
- Wood Group on the UK and global merger control and foreign investment aspects of its acquisition of Amec Foster Wheeler
- Nationwide on the CMA’s retail banking market investigation
- The Portuguese Ministry of Finance on the state aid aspects of several bank recapitalisations
- The UK Government on several major projects including the electricity market reforms, the state aid process for two renewable electricity generation projects and on the formation of a joint venture with the Green Investment Bank for the investment of the UK's International Climate Fund
- Lafarge Tarmac (now Tarmac) on its appeal to the CAT against the CMA's market investigation into aggregates, cement and ready mix concrete
- Various clients on public procurement
Lisa topped the MergerLinks list of female lawyers acting on the highest value of deals in EMEA in 2019 and placed second in the MergerLinks ranking for top antitrust lawyers in EMEA. She featured in the 2019 edition of [email protected]’s list of 40 in their 40s Notable Women Competition Professionals and was previously included in the 2016 edition of Global Competition Review’s top 40 under 40 leading competition lawyers in the world. Lisa has also been noted to be ‘a superstar in the making’ with 'superb technical knowledge' by the Legal 500 UK.
Lisa is the author of the UK chapter of Getting the Deal Through's 'Cartel Regulation' publication.