Guy has a wide ranging practice which covers banking, capital markets and structured finance. He advises financial institutions, funds and governments on investments in and fund raisings of financial institutions, including restructurings and asset sales.
Guy regularly acts for a number of UK and international companies, including Drax Group, Euroclear, Banco Santander, Santander UK, Legal & General, Prudential, United Utilities, GlaxoSmithKline, UK Asset Resolution, M&G and Direct Line.
- UK Asset Resolution on its £15bn sale of Northern Rock to Cerberus and redemption of its Granite securitisations
- UK Asset Resolution on its £13bn sale of assets from Bradford & Bingley and associated stapled financing
- UK Asset Resolution on the sale of Northern Rock and Bradford & Bingley to DK Partners and Citigroup
- Funds managed by Pollen Street Capital on their investments in Tandem Bank
- Honeycomb Investment Trust on its IPO and establishment of its non-bank lending platform
- Drax on its various high yield bond and loan market financings from 2012 to date
- Prudential, Euroclear Bank, M&G, Santander UK, Legal & General, Direct Line, Aldermore Bank and Pensions Insurance Corporation on various regulatory capital issuances‘
Guy O’Keefe is “commercially astute and always sees the bigger picture”’. Legal500, 2021
Guy is ranked as a leading lawyer in Chambers UK, 2021 and as a market leading lawyer in the Capital markets: Debt and Capital markets section of IFLR 1000. Guy is listed as a leading individual in Legal500 2021.