Samantha is Head of Environmental Law in our environment practice.
She is a member of our infrastructure, energy and natural resources practice and our real estate practice. Samantha also provides specialist environmental support on corporate and financing transactions and works alongside our Head of Sustainability and Head of Sustainable Financing on sustainability and climate change matters.
She advises on all aspects of environmental, health and safety law, including in respect of contamination, permitting and compliance matters, climate change and greenhouse gas emissions, energy, marine licensing and issues relating to the protection of the environment.
Highlights include advising:
- The Ministry of Defence on its sale of the Government Pipeline and Storage System to Compañía Logística de Hidrocarburos
- Ørsted on its disposal of a 50% interest in the 1.218MW Hornsea 1 offshore wind farm to Global Infrastructure Partners
- On the establishment of the UK Green Investment Bank, its investment in the Rampion offshore windfarm, and its subsequent privatisation
- INEOS on numerous transactions, including the formation of INOVYN ChlorVinyls Limited, a joint venture with Solvay
- Tata Steel Group on its proposed 50/50 Joint Venture with thyssenkrupp AG
- Lincs Windfarm Limited (a joint venture between Centrica, DONG Energy and Siemens) on matters relating to the Lincs offshore windfarm, including the raising of project finance and the disposal of the associated transmission assets
- Talisman Energy on the sale of a 49% interest in Talisman Energy (UK) Limited, the holding company for Talisman’s UK upstream oil and gas business, to Sinopec
Samantha is listed as a ‘Rising Star’ in Legal 500 (United Kingdom 2020) and a ‘Star Associate’ in Chambers UK (2020)