Samantha is Head of Environment and Climate in our Environment, Social and Governance practice.
She is also a member of our Infrastructure, Energy and Natural Resources practice and our Real Estate practice. She advises on all areas of ESG (focusing on environment and governance) and sustainability as well as providing specialist environmental, health and safety advice, both in the context of corporate, finance and real estate transactions, as well as on standalone matters.
Highlights of her transactional work include advising:
- Schroders plc on the acquisition of an initial 75% shareholding in Greencoat Capital, a specialist investment manager focussing on renewable energy infrastructure investing, including wind, solar, bioenergy and heat
- Johnson Matthey plc on the sale of its Advanced Glass Technologies
- Viridor Waste Management Limited on the disposal of its collections business and certain recycling assets to Biffa plc
- INEOS on numerous transactions, including the acquisition of BP’s global petrochemicals business
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. on the acquisition of Viridor Limited, one of the UK's leading recycling and residual waste businesses, by one of its infrastructure funds
- On the establishment of the UK Green Investment Bank, its investment in the Rampion offshore windfarm, and its subsequent privatisation
Samantha is ranked for Environment in Chambers UK, 2023 and recognised as a Rising Star for Environment in the Legal 500, 2023