David’s practice covers Intellectual Property, Technology, Outsourcing, and Sport. He is the firm’s Head of Intellectual Property and advises on IP protection, exploitation and enforcement, including a particular focus on franchising and sponsorship agreements. He also advises on strategic technology, telecoms and business process sourcing and on software licensing and development agreements, and is an active member of the firm’s Commercial Contracts advisory team.
Highlights include advising:
- Globally renowned retailers including Marks and Spencer, Asda and John Lewis in relation to a wide range of international business models including franchising, licensing and distribution arrangements across more than 50 countries.
- Tottenham Hotspur FC in connection with a lucrative kit supply and sponsorship agreement with Nike, its technology procurement deal with HP Enterprise, and a range of other key commercial agreements critical to the development and operation of its world-class new stadium.
- A leading international payment processing company on the long-term provision of outsourced services underpinning the operation of a critical part of the UK’s payments infrastructure.
- Workspace Group on its IT and telecoms services contract with Excell for the provision of data connectivity and telephony services to Workspace’s tenants.
- ITV on its acquisition of Talpa Media B.V., a fast-growing Netherlands-based production and distribution company, and on content licensing arrangements in respect of its sale of UTV Ireland to Virgin Media.
David is listed as a leading individual for Outsourcing and Intellectual Property in Chambers UK and for Commercial Contracts in Legal500.
“a brilliant and creative lawyer" (Chambers 2019)
"insightful, knowledgeable and commercially astute." (Chambers 2019)