Jordan is based in our Brussels office. He has a strong competition and regulatory practice and represents clients before global, European and UK competition authorities and various sectoral regulators.
Jordan has been involved in a large number of high profile merger cases. He has also advised on a large number of cartel cases and other behavioural cases, including on appeal to the General Court in Luxembourg and in follow-on litigation before the national courts.
Highlights include advising:
- ARM Holdings on its $31.4bn acquisition by Softbank
- Ball Corporation on its $6.1bn acquisition of Rexam
- Coca-Cola Enterprises on its $27bn merger with Coca-Cola Iberian Partners and Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke to form Coca-Cola European Partners
- The Department of Energy and Climate Change on Electricity Market Reform
- GlaxoSmithKline on the sale of its thrombosis brands, Arixtra® and Fraxiparine® to Aspen Group
- Google in relation to the European Commission's ongoing antitrust investigation
- A major financial institution on the European Commission’s investigation into credit default swaps
- Motorola Mobility on its $12.5bn acquisition by Google
- Royal Dutch Shell on its $52bn acquisition of BG Group
- Thermo Fisher Scientific on its $4.2bn acquisition of FEI Company
- Thomas Cook Group on the merger of its high street travel and foreign exchange businesses with the Co-operative Group
- Unilever on its settlement of the European Commission's investigation into the consumer detergents sector and its $1.9bn acquisition of Sara Lee Body Care
- Valspar on its proposed $9.3bn acquisition by Sherwin-Williams
Jordan also advises clients on data protection and privacy issues. Jordan’s work in this field includes advising clients on:
- Efficient strategies to ensure compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
- Safeguarding customer and employee privacy in the context of regulatory investigations and corporate transactions.
Jordan is listed as a leading individual for Competition Law in Chambers Belgium, 2017. Jordan is the author of the UK chapter of The Merger Control Review and previously spent time working in the mergers group at the UK competition authority.