Rebecca advises on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters.
Her corporate practice consists of advising clients on M&A transactions, both public and private, joint ventures, equity issues and long term commercial contracts. She also advises on day-to-day company law and corporate reporting and governance matters.
In addition, Rebecca co-heads our Data Protection and Privacy practice. She advises on all aspects in this area, including on stand-alone compliance queries, in corporate transactions, e-commerce, commercial contracts and global investigations.
Rebecca is a contributing author to Tolley’s Company Law Service, Privacy Laws and Business, and sits on the Consulting Editorial Board of Lexis PSL.
Corporate and commercial highlights include advising:
- Royal Dutch Shell plc in relation to its recommended cash and share offer for BG Group plc
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc on the demerger of its RB pharmaceuticals business to form Indivior plc
- Royal Mail plc on the initial public offering of its shares by HM Government and its admission to trading on the main market of the London Stock Exchange plc
- Vocalink on the separation of the LINK Scheme from VocaLink and the re-negotiation of VocaLink’s processing contract with the LINK Scheme and its members
- Vocalink and its shareholders on the sale of the majority of its shares to MasterCard
Recent data privacy experience includes advising:
- a number of clients on their GDPR compliance programmes. This has included among other things advising on the approach to data mapping, the requirements for special categories of data, the requirements around consent and explicit consent, reviewing the basis for reliance upon the legitimate interests ground for certain processing, revising commercial contracts, reviewing policies and procedures and advising on data retention requirements and data subject rights
- a financial services company on a data breach involving multiple jurisdictions
- an online retailer on data protection compliant arrangements for the international transfer of certain of its customer data
- a charity on a data loss of sensitive personal data
- a client on the complex data protection issues and data sharing arrangements across a number of datasets, databases and participants in the context of a novel identity assurance scheme
- a potential purchaser on the data protection and other aspects of its proposed acquisition of a consumer data analytics business, including assessing its ability to fully exploit data whilst remaining compliant with the relevant data protection regimes