Jane is head of the real estate team. She advises in relation to all aspects of real estate including acquisitions, disposals, development, planning, leasing, financing and the real estate aspects of corporate transactions. Jane is qualified in England and Wales and in Scotland. Jane is one of the firm’s diversity and inclusion partners and is also a sponsoring partner for Collaborate, the firm’s legal tech programme.
Highlights include advising:
- Derwent London, as key relationship partner, on various matters including its property joint venture with Lazari Investments and the development and letting of Soho Place, a significant office and theatre development above the new Elizabeth Line station at Tottenham Court Road
- ITV on the £145.6 million sale of The London Television Centre
- Midlothian Capital Partners on various matters including the acquisition of Dobbies Garden Centres, Park Leisure and PGL Holidays and subsequent ground rent financing transactions
- Everton in connection with the development of its new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock
- Minerva on the sale of a mixed use development site comprising Nestlé House and Queen’s Square, Croydon
- A steering committee of landlords in relation to the Arcadia restructuring through a series of CVAs
- Legal & General on the acquisition, development, funding and letting of various assets, including the £550m acquisition of the Hyperion portfolio, comprising 55 properties
- Arsenal in connection with its real estate interests and various stadium refurbishment works
- English National Ballet on its relocation to London City Island and the sale of Markova House
- Whitbread on the sale of Costa to Coca-Cola
- The Wellcome Trust on the acquisition of Urban&Civic
Jane is recognised in the Hall of Fame for the Commercial Property – Development section of Legal 500 UK, 2023 and also as a leading individual in the Real Estate section of Chambers UK, 2023.
“Sources say: ‘I am amazed by her technical knowledge, her advice is really tailored and useful, and she is very approachable and responsive’. ‘Her advice is practical and sharp, and her client skills are very good’.” Chambers UK, 2021