Ed advises employers and trustees on all aspects of pensions law, including scheme funding, governance issues and drafting trust documentation. Ed also advises on the pensions aspects of corporate transactions. He is qualified in England and Wales.
- Advising Drax Group on its acquisition of Scottish Power’s portfolio of pumped storage, hydro and gas-fired generation assets.
- Advising Allianz on its acquisition of Legal & General Insurance Limited, the general insurance business of Legal & General Group Plc, for £242 million.
- Advising the trustees of the Severn Trust Pension Scheme and the Severn Trent Water Mirror Image Pension Scheme on a full range of pensions issues, including scheme valuation matters and a master trust transfer.
- Advising the trustees of the Colgate Palmolive Pension Plan on a wide range of pensions matters.
- Advising JCB on a wide range of pensions matters.
Ed has been described in Chambers as “very diligent and really good at communicating” and his “eye for detail and approachability” are also noted.