Azadeh has a broad financing practice covering acquisition and general bank financings, structured finance, project finance, debt capital market transactions and derivatives as well as corporate recovery and restructuring matters. Her clients include leading financial institutions and investment funds, pension trustees as well as corporates (ranging from large listed companies to small unlisted companies).
Recent highlights include advising:
- BBA Aviation on the debt financing arrangements in connection with its US$2.065 billion acquisition of Landmark Aviation from The Carlyle Group
- Shire Plc on the financing of its acquisition of US-based biotechnology company Dyax Corp
- UK Green Investment Bank on structuring and documenting complex currency hedging arrangements in connection with its investment in the Rampion offshore windfarm
- a newly formed joint venture vehicle on a total return swap over a portfolio of equity securities and related collateralised repo arrangements
- DONG Energy on various offshore windfarm projects
- Apollo on the financing arrangements in connection with a pipeline of solar energy generation projects
- Deutsche Bank, Fortress and Och-Ziff in relation to a number of NPL portfolio bids and related servicing arrangements
Azadeh is recommended in the 'Derivatives and Structured Products' and 'Securitisations' sections of The Legal 500, 2016, with clients commenting that she 'provides practical advice and runs rings around other Magic Circle firms'.
She is the editor of, and co-author of the UK chapter in, the Law Reviews' The Lending and Secured Finance Review and is also the co-author of the UK chapter of Getting the Deal Through's Loans and Secured Finance. She is also a member of the Slaughter and May opinions committee and a guest lecturer on the University College London LLM Corporate Finance course.