Steven has a broad financing, infrastructure and energy practice including more than 30 years’ experience across over 50 countries in projects and project financing, infrastructure developments, M&A and sector reform. His clients include major energy, oil and gas, operating and services companies, private equity, banks, governments and state-owned enterprises. He is a Visiting Professor at Kings College London, and responsible for the project finance module of the LLM in International Finance.
Steven was the Project Financing Lawyer of the Year 2020 and Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leader – Global Elites for 2021 and 2022 (the only recipient from England). He was also named Energy Lawyer of the Year 2023 in England.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- in relation to over 20 renewables projects (including wind, solar and hydrogen) and matters, over 20 upstream developments, over a dozen LNG and GTL matters, over two dozen refinery, power (nuclear, transmission and generation) projects and multiple pipeline projects
- on multiple project financings, including for Kosmos Energy, Aker Energy, OLNG, Qalhat LNG, ELNG1, ELNG2, the CI-26 Project, Ineos, TNOG, EMethanex, Qatargas 4, Rayong Refinery, Bapco Refinery, and Egypt Refinery
- on development projects in the transportation sector including roads, bridges and multiple airport projects
- on the privatisation of infrastructure assets and utilities in a number of countries
- the oil and gas industry Joint Working Group on the issues related to monetary sector reform proposals in the Central African Monetary Union on strategic development proposals for sovereign bodies including a middle eastern country
- on strategic gas import proposals, the Iraq pipeline rehabilitation plan and advising an African government on multiple development proposals