Areas of expertise
Slaughter and May is advising Dignity plc on the recommended cash acquisition of Dignity by a consortium
Slaughter and May is advising Micro Focus International plc on a recommended cash acquisition of the entire issued and to be issued share capital of Micro Focus by Open Text Corporation
Shweta is a Senior Counsel based in our Brussels office. Shweta has strong experience of both EU and UK competition law and represents clients before European, UK and global competition authorities.
She has been involved in a number of high-profile merger cases before the EU and UK competition authorities, as well as coordinating merger approvals worldwide. She has also advised on a number of consumer investigations and competition market studies.
Highlights include advising:
- Micro Focus on the public takeover bid by Open Text
- Suez on the public takeover bid by Veolia
- Booking Holdings Inc. on its acquisition of Etraveli Group
- Analog Devices on the EU and UK merger control aspects of its acquisition of competitor Maxim
- Equinix on its expansion into Africa with the acquisition of MainOne
- ASOS plc on the acquisition of the Topshop, Topman, Miss Selfridge and HIIT brands
- GoCo group on its recommended acquisition by Future plc
- Dignity plc in relation to the UK CMA’s funeral services and crematorium market investigation
- Booking Holdings group on the UK CMA’s consumer protection investigation into the online hotel booking industry