Roland is Head of our Mergers and Acquisitions practice and Co-Head of our Financial Institutions Group. His principal areas of work are public and private M&A, joint ventures, activism defence, governance and crisis management.
- Vodafone on its disposal of its interest in Verizon Wireless and the associated return of value to shareholders
- Royal Dutch Shell on its combination with BG Group
- Prudential on its demergers of M&G and Jackson National Life
- GKN on its defence of a cash and share unsolicited offer by Melrose Industries
- OneSavings Bank on its recommended all share combination with Charter Court Financial
- Coca-Cola Europacific Partners on its acquisition of Coca-Cola Amatil Limited in Australia
- Fortress on its proposed takeover of Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc
Roland is listed as a leading individual (Band 1) in the Corporate/M&A: High-end capability section of both Chambers UK, 2021 and Chambers Europe, 2021 and for Corporate M&A in Chambers Global, 2021. Roland is also listed as a Leading Individual for M&A in Legal500's UK 2021 rankings.