Roland is Head of our Mergers and Acquisitions practice and a member of our Financial Institutions Group. His principal areas of work are M&A of all descriptions, joint ventures, activism defence, governance and crisis management.
- Prudential on its proposed acquisition of AIA Group from AIG
- Vodafone on its disposal of its interest in Verizon Wireless and the associated return of value to shareholders
- Royal Dutch Shell on its combination with BG Group
- Prudential on its demerger of M&G and its UK and European life insurance business
- Vodafone on its acquisition of the German and CEE operations of Liberty Global
- GKN on its defence of a cash and share unsolicited offer by Melrose Industries
- OneSavings Bank on its recommended all share combination with Charter Court Financial Services Group
Roland is listed as a leading individual (Band 1) in the Corporate/M&A: High-end capability section of both Chambers UK, 2020 and Chambers Europe, 2020 and for Corporate M&A in Chambers Global, 2020. Roland is also listed as a Leading Individual for M&A in Legal500’s UK 2020 rankings.