Roland is Co-Head of our Financial Institutions Group and has recently stepped down after six years as Head of our Mergers and Acquisitions practice. His principal areas of work are public and private M&A, joint ventures, activism defence, governance and crisis management.
- Vodafone on its disposal of its interest in Verizon Wireless and the associated return of value to shareholders
- Royal Dutch Shell on its combination with BG Group
- Prudential on its demergers of M&G and Jackson National Life
- GKN on its defence of a cash and share unsolicited offer by Melrose Industries
- OneSavings Bank on its recommended all share combination with Charter Court Financial Services Group
- Coca-Cola Europacific Partners on its acquisition of Coca-Cola Amatil Limited in Australia
- Fortress on its proposed takeover of Wm Morrison Supermarkets plc
Roland is listed as a leading individual (Band 1) in the Corporate/M&A: High-end capability section of both Chambers UK, 2022 and Chambers Europe, 2022 and for Corporate M&A in Chambers Global, 2022. Roland has also been named as one of Financial News’s 50 Most Influential Lawyers of 2022.