Jing Chen is a corporate partner in our Hong Kong office and is an experienced M&A and capital markets lawyer who has worked on a wide range of transactions in private and public M&A and equity and debt capital markets.
Jing’s experience includes advising:
- HKT Limited on the acquisition by HKT Interactive Media Holdings Limited, its wholly-owned subsidiary, of the entire issued share capital of PCCW Media Limited from PCCW Interactive Media Holdings Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PCCW Limited for US$250 million
- Trade Champion Limited, the entire issued share capital of which is indirectly held by Mr. Li Tzar Kai, Richard, in relation to its voluntary cash partial offer for 154,592,765 shares, representing approximately 2.00% of the issued shares, in PCCW Limited
- PCCW Limited on its distribution in specie of shares in Pacific Century Premium Developments Limited (PCPD) and its simultaneous conversion of notes convertible into in PCPD shares in connection with the distribution
- China Huadian Corporation on the privatisation of Huadian Fuxin Energy Corporation
- China Reinsurance (Group) Corporation (China Re) on the US$2 billion global offering and the listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of its H shares. This transaction won Equity Deal of the Year at the IFLR Asia Awards 2016. It was also shortlisted for the Corporate and Commercial (International) Award an FT Asia Pacific Innovative Lawyers 2016 Awards and was ranked in the 'Commended' category in the FT Asia Pacific Innovative Lawyers 2016 Report
- MBK Partners on the sale, through an auction process, of its majority interest in GSEI Investment Corporation (GSEI), a premier operator of waste-to-energy and water/waste treatment projects, to Beijing Enterprises Holdings Limited (BEHL). MBK Partners, together with Hudson Clean Energy Partners, sold a total of 92.7% equity interests in GSEI to BEHL. This was a landmark deal in the environmental protection services industry and the largest M&A transaction in China in this sector
- The 17 underwriters (including Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, CICC and HSBC) on the US$4 billion global offering and listing of H shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of the People’s Insurance Company (Group) of China Limited (PICC)
- Swire Pacific and Swire Properties on the spin-off and separate listing by way of introduction on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of Swire Properties and on the earlier proposed US$2.7 billion spin-off and separate listing of Swire Properties
- Swire Pacific on the restructuring of its and Cathay Pacific’s interests in HAECO, including in relation to the referral by the Securities and Futures Commission of a difficult issue to the Takeovers Panel, the subsequent purchase by Swire Pacific of further shares in HAECO from Cathay Pacific and the subsequent mandatory unconditional cash offer for the remaining shares in HAECO
Jing joined Slaughter and May in 2006 and in 2017 was seconded to the Listing Division of Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd (HKEX), and subsequently took on a permanent role in Listing and Regulatory Affairs. During his three years at the HKEX, Jing was involved in a number of wide ranging initiatives, including the introduction of the new listing regimes for pre-revenue biotech companies and companies with weighted voting rights. Jing re-joined the firm in 2019 and draws on his regulatory and market knowledge for the direct benefit of our clients.