Adrian advises in relation to infrastructure, energy and natural resources projects and transactions, with a focus on financing and offtake arrangements for companies, joint ventures and projects in the oil and gas, power and renewables sectors. He worked in Asia for a number of years and has been involved in projects in Asia, Africa, Australia, Europe and the U.S. Adrian is qualified in England and Wales and in Hong Kong.
- Advised Ørsted on a number of offshore wind farm projects, including the Hornsea P1 1.2GW offshore wind farm, the Walney Extension 659MW offshore wind farm (awarded the European Renewables Deal of the Year) and the Race Bank 573MW offshore wind farm, the project financing for these wind farms and the related trading and power purchase arrangements
- Advised Trafigura on its purchase of Nayara Energy (formerly Essar Oil Limited) with joint venture partners Rosneft and UCP, the acquisition facility used by the joint venture holding vehicle established by Trafigura and UCP and the subsequent refinancing of the acquisition facility
- Advised Mitsubishi Corporation on its acquisition of a 20% stake in Ovo (an independent UK energy supplier)
- Advised Kosmos Energy (dual listed NYSE and LSE E&P company) on its financing arrangements
- Advised SHV Holdings (a privately owned Dutch trading company) on the merger of Dyas Holdings with Oranje-Nassau Energie to create ONE-Dyas (a North Sea focused independent operator)
- Advised npower on its proposed merger with SSE and related trading arrangements
- Advised Impala Terminals on its term loan and revolving credit facility and related security documents, intercreditor arrangements and hedging