Slaughter and May advised FWD Group on its strategic investment in Gibraltar BSN’s Malaysian life insurance business

Slaughter and May advised FWD Group on its strategic investment in a majority stake in Gibraltar BSN Life Berhad (“Gibraltar BSN”). The transaction completed in April 2023.

FWD Group, and other investors, together acquired an effective 70% stake in Gibraltar BSN, which was purchased from The Prudential Insurance Company of America, the wholly owned subsidiary of US-based NYSE-listed Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU) (“PFI”). Bank Simpanan Nasional (“BSN”) continues to hold the remaining 30% stake ownership in Gibraltar BSN. FWD Group is partnering with BSN to further develop and grow Gibraltar BSN.

Slaughter and May supported the internal legal team at FWD.

Hong Kong
Chris McGaffin Partner
Ariad Porat Associate
William Yang Associate
Adrien Yeung Associate
Jonathan Hsu Associate

Ada Zhang / Trainee, Aki Yu / Trainee, Edward Beighton / Trainee, Issy Spiro / Trainee, Ellie Steiner / Trainee