Dominic is co-head of our Tax Disputes practice, and advises a wide range of clients on all areas of UK corporate tax law.
His practice covers:
- structuring and other tax aspects of M&A, joint ventures and other corporate finance transactions
- tax enquiries and disputes, including EU tax State aid investigations
- standalone tax advisory work, including group reorganisations, CFCs, transfer pricing, and the tax treatment of IP
Recent highlights include advising:
- GSK on various transactions, including its consumer healthcare joint venture with Pfizer, the sale of Horlicks to Unilever, a major asset swap with Novartis, and the creation of the Galvani bioelectronics joint venture with Verily Life Sciences
- Shire on its £46 billion recommended takeover offer from Takeda
- Santander on various matters, including the creation of its UK ring-fenced bank, and the proposed merger of its stake in Alawwal into Saudi British Bank
- Several technology companies on transfer pricing and diverted profits tax enquiries with HMRC
- Bupa on its successful appeal to the Upper Tribunal in Bupa Insurance v HMRC (relating to consortium relief and the meaning of "beneficial entitlement")
- GKN plc on its defence against an unsolicited offer by Melrose Industries, including its proposed combination of its automotive business with Dana Inc
Dominic is listed as a leading individual for Corporate Tax in Chambers UK, 2019. He is recommended for Tax Litigation & Investigations in The Legal 500, 2019 and is also listed in the latest edition of ITR's Tax Controversy Leaders Guide. Dominic has previously been named by the Tax Journal as one of their "40 under 40" leading young UK tax professionals and was listed for UK Tax in Legal Media Group’s Rising Stars 2017.
Dominic is co-editor of the Transfer Pricing Law Review.
List of all our partners