Dominic advises a wide range of clients, including UK and overseas groups, and various financial institutions, on all areas of UK corporate tax law.
His practice covers:
- advice on structuring and other tax aspects of M&A and other corporate finance transactions
- tax enquiries and disputes, including EU tax State aid investigations
- standalone tax advisory work, including group reorganisations, CFCs, transfer pricing, and the tax treatment of IP
Highlights include advising:
- GSK on various transactions, including a major asset swap with Novartis, the creation of a consumer healthcare joint venture with Novartis, and the creation of a bioelectronics joint venture with Verily Life Sciences
- Bupa on its successful appeal to the Upper Tribunal in Bupa Insurance v HMRC (relating to consortium relief and the meaning of "beneficial entitlement")
- Virgin on the IPO of Virgin Money and on the sale of part of its stake in Virgin Active
- Santander on the investment by Warburg Pincus and General Atlantic in Santander Asset Management and on the subsequent repurchase of that investment by Santander
Dominic is listed as a leading individual for Corporate Tax in Chambers UK, 2018 and he is also listed in the ITR's Tax Controversy Leaders Guide 2017. Dominic has previously been named by the Tax Journal as one of their "40 under 40" leading young UK tax professionals and is listed for UK Tax in Legal Media Group’s Rising Stars 2017. He is also recommended for both Corporate Tax and Tax Litigation & Investigations in Legal 500 2017.
Dominic is co-editor of the Transfer Pricing Law Review.
List of all our partners