Roland is Head of our Mergers and Acquisitions practice. His principal areas of work are public takeovers, private acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, and initial and secondary public equity offerings.
Highlights include advising:
- Prudential on its proposed acquisition of AIA Group from AIG
- Banco Santander on the proposed combination of Santander Asset Management and Pioneer Investments
- Vodafone on its disposal of its interest in Verizon Wireless and the associated return of value to shareholders
- Royal Dutch Shell on its combination with BG Group
- Prudential on its proposed demerger of M&G and its UK and European life insurance business
- Vodafone on its proposed acquisition of the German and CEE operations of Liberty Global
- GKN on its defence of a cash and share unsolicited offer by Melrose Industries
Roland is listed as a leading individual in the Corporate/M&A: High-end capability section of both Chambers UK, 2018 and Chambers Europe, 2018 and for Corporate M&A in Chambers Global, 2018. Roland is also listed as a Leading Individual for M&A in Legal500’s UK 2018 rankings.
List of all our partners